Vendstar

caserri

Where are all of the Vendstar operators? I would love to see a review on this machine. Good or bad.

How does the old saying go..."Could you help a brother out man?"

Steve

Here I is !

I really not sure what to say about the vendstar 3000 other than do not biz op with this company !  Other than that I like the machine it is easy to change out the candy !  They seem to get yellow mine have not yet I have seen others that have that yellow tint .  If my get like that I will have to bring them home and give them a nice bleach bath !  As I go I might have more to say I am new to this I have only had my machines for a month and so many days !

Let the nit picking begin !

No nit picking Tiffeney,

All I ask is for honest upfront opinions about products. We all have our preferences when it comes to equipment so all opinions are welcome. I believe this exchange will help new vendors reach a decision on which machine they want to try first. I cant tell you how many emails I receive from people requesting a recommendation on a particular machine. Not that I mind it, but I hope this new review section will answer a lot of peoples questions. It is good to get various first hand points of view from others.

Thanks for your input and keep updating us as you gain more experience with these machines.

Steve

I'll go next,

I also own some of these machines. Here are some things that I like and some things that I do not like about this machine. Unable to provide long time usage stats since the machines have not been in service for a long time. Will add comments to this post at a later date.

Likes – 

Lightweight

Easy to clean

Change out products quickly

Easy to service and repair  

Dislikes –

A dull color gray, which is not very appealing

Locks and security housing could have been built or engineered  better

Quarters do not always fall into the coin tray and lay on top of product chute assembly

Product window scratches easily

Can only see product from the front window

Machine over priced if purchased through Vendstar

Mostly all plastic design

Coin mechanisms can be vandalized easily

Yes, the pros out weigh the cons in this case only. I won't say yes or no to buying these machines on this thread because this thread is only for Vendstar reviews and honest opinions about the product.  I am only posting what I feel are good and bad points on what I have seen on these machines so far.  The people who read this review can decide whether or not to purchase these machines. Every opinion and review counts here. The more you know about these machines the better off your decision making will be on purchasing this product or someone else's machine. We are all here to learn from each other.

I myself have learned a few things from the other posts in this section. I agree that you should stay away from the biz op. but that has very little to do with the machine itself. It is very useful information for someone trying to decide what to do. I had no idea that the machines may turn yellow and that the doors may break off. I'll keep an eye out for that but so far so good on my machines. Only time will tell.

Keep those reviews coming!

Vendstar's factory is 20 minutes from me.  When I look at their web site, I can not believe the outrageous price for their machine.  It's all plastic and stuff right?

Plastic machines are NEVER good. Now, my friend has had many issues with vendstar. His machines have BEEN BROKEN INTO WITH A SCREWDRIVER (some guy punched out a hole in the plastic body).  There candy chute doors can be broken off by a 3yr old, and there body/canisters scratch and yellow. I never have liked vendstar, but I have a few in break-rooms, and hate them! 

Kyle

• 2 months later...

They sell cheap on Ebay because some people buy into their biz-op line. People, these are cheap plastic fantastic machines that plainly just don't hold up !  I once got sucked into buying a couple of used ones. I about a years time they where trash. Doors break off, spill trays break or crack, Not to mention that anyone with a screwdriver can take your revenue in a couple of seconds. If you think about all that, then why on God's green earth would anyone buy one ? Biz-op marketing is the only reason. Some people want the pie in the sky, get rick quick, do no work, turn key business. Well folks NO SUCH thing exsists !

If you want to be sucessfull in bulk vending you have to buy good reliable equipment and give your customers the service they deserve. Why buy a piece of equipment that will look bad and/or be broken in a year or two. Buy quality equipment that will last as long as your in business. After all the basic design of bulk venders hasn't changed in decades.

Craig

My strategy for using Vendstars is to:

• Buy them second hand at discount prices for less than $50.
  • Place them on locations.
  • Replace the Vendstars at high performing locations with better machines.
  • Put replaced Vendstars in unproven locations or keep for spare parts.

My strategy for using Vendstars is to:

• Buy them second hand at discount prices for less than $50.
  • Place them on locations.
  • Replace the Vendstars at high performing locations with better machines.
  • Put replaced Vendstars in unproven locations or keep for spare parts.

1. Buy a professional machine new for less than  $50 ( Oak)

2. Place on location

3. No need to replace. Lasts a lifetime (All metal construction)

4. Order parts on the rare occasion that you need them.

Oak doesn't sell stands. They can however be picked up for 27 or less. The point is still that you need to buy quality professional equipment before locations will take you seriously.

Look around at your Walmarts, your major food store chains. Ever see a Vendstar in their lobby ! And you never will. The big time vendors know what  equipment holds up and presents itself the best. How do you think they make their millions ?

My route consists of Northwestern machines, with one lone Oak I bought to test. Anything of lesser grade I don't even consider.

I think it all depends on your area and what type of bulk you are going to run. I think along the lines of dkochan. I have 4 Vendstars that I got cheap off ebay, Two are brand new and two are used. That gave me 4 machines for under $300 to start with. These are not used in high visibility areas, just breakrooms. My Seaga and XYZ triple will be for those high visibility areas or for factory type locations for the durability factor. My Seaga doubles will be used in more of an upscale type location like banks or medical office areas.

I agree that when you are first getting into this that cheaper machines have an allure. However there is not that big of a price difference between the cheap plastic junk, and good quality machines. The better quality machines really will last you a lifetime. I have some NW machines that date to the 70's and have never failed me.

How many Vendstars and Seaga's will be around in 30 years ? Buy once and use many ? or Buy many and use once ? Which will you choose ?