New to the forum and new to vending!

Flyboy718

Hey guys!  Just stopping in to introduce myself and about to embark upon this vending business journey.  Been gathering a lot of information over the last few weeks.  I kinda stumbled upon candy vending business by accident.  I am an aspiring entrepreneur and have a nine year old that I want to plant those entrepreneurial skills and teach her how to run a business and maybe one day she will.  So, I thought a candy vending business would be great for us to do together.  Long story short, I am on my way later this evening to pick up our first machines.  A guy that is downsizing due to health issues is selling Oak/Northwestern Super 60 combo's on double stands...five pair of machines on double stands, 10 machines in all and 5 double stands for $65 each double set.  One machine is set up for gumballs and the other for candy all on one double stand.     

Welcome to the forum! As you peruse through the older tgreads, you'll see those are some of the better more reliable machines. $65 for 2 quality machines and a stand is a great deal. Good luck!

Welcome to the forum! As you peruse through the older tgreads, you'll see those are some of the better more reliable machines. $65 for 2 quality machines and a stand is a great deal. Good luck!

I will post some pics tomorrow of the machines!  

Nice looking machines. Looks like they're all oak brand, so they shouldn't give you much problems.

Yeap.  I thought there were going to be some Northwestern's mixed in there but they are all Oak's.  Any idea how I can find out exactly what model these machines are?

I believe the solid globes are 450's and it looks like you have a few Vistas there (the ones with the corner posts and separated panels)

Here's their website. They do offer refurbished Vistas for $39 + shipping if you ever look to expand.

www.oakmfg.com

Just make sure that you adjust the candy wheels so that you're not giving the farm away with every turn.

Great machine to start out with. I would get a capsule wheel and .50 mech from Oak and vend Gumball and toys. Candy can be a really slow return in most places.

I hadn't thought of that, how much are they?  Would ebay be a good place to find some used wheels?  I was thinking of picking up 5 candy wheels so that I could have both sides dispense candy in workplaces.  But if you think they would do better with $.50 mech's with gum and toys then I will try that.   

You need the brushoff too.

BTW the whole combo (wheel and brush housing) is 10 -12 bucks from Oak.

Well darn!  I thought I was doing good.  Is it a certain size brush I need?

You need the gum brush (looks like a plastic ring with 2 long springs across one side).

ok.  I have 5 machines that are set up to vend gumballs already, would they have this needed piece already?

I am trying to decide how I should set up the business as well with my nine year old daughter.  Should I do a dba as a sole proprietor / partnership or just do the dba sole proprietor with only my name and then restructure when she gets older?  She will be 19 when the dba expires...

LLC or Sole Proprietor?

We are often asked if a Texas LLC can be owned by a single member. Single Member LLCs (SMLLCs) are allowed in Texas and they are very common.

For tax purposes, the IRS considers a Single Member LLC a “disregarded entity.” In other words, the IRS will tax the business just like it would tax a sole proprietorship. The profits or losses of the business are simply reported on the member’s tax return.

http://texasllcpros.com/single-member-llcs/

We are often asked if a Texas LLC can be owned by a single member. Single Member LLCs (SMLLCs) are allowed in Texas and they are very common.

For tax purposes, the IRS considers a Single Member LLC a “disregarded entity.” In other words, the IRS will tax the business just like it would tax a sole proprietorship. The profits or losses of the business are simply reported on the member’s tax return.

http://texasllcpros.com/single-member-llcs/

So why not a sole proprietorship? Just curious.

ok.  I have 5 machines that are set up to vend gumballs already, would they have this needed piece already?

Here are pics of two of my doubles.  Do they have the brushes needed for the 1" / 1.1" cap wheel I bought?

2285b017-a23c-4dc5-a62d-123e645fe3d1_zps

be63f770-a55a-454d-9651-9ce01c2c2c02_zps

Archived