Is 50% too high for a location?

mppuzzled

So I snagged a spot on my first attempt! But the guy wants 50%! There are already some machines in there but no FLAT Vending Machine.  So I offered my 6 column sticker/tattoo machine and offered a higher commission than what other other vendors were offering. (is that a ahole move to make)  His response was "if you cant offer more than 50% than I wont take out any other machines because they all pay me 50%.  So will you pay 50% on the sticker/tattoo machine?"  I shook his hand and agreed because it is currently in my living room and I need to get it placed and it was my first try and somewhat a success so I was excited.  The perk is that it is at one of the best Laundry Mats that is always busy!  

What do you think?

Here's how the conversation goes: "OK, 50%. We subtract a flat 30% for product costs, then we split 50/50. If they agree then you're good to go, if they continue to say they want 50% of gross then say : If we give you 50% and product costs are 30%, then that only leaves us 20% and we can't run a business that way." At this point they will either agree or you didn't want to do business with them long term.

Any business agreement has to work for both parties.

There are a couple of vendors in my area that claim 50%, but they're doing off profit like mentioned above. At 35% of gross they told me we give then more than anyone. Most people that say 40-50 are going off profit.

Pay the location 30% but, report 50% on the sales receipt showing amount collected and commission paid. I bet your competition is doing the same thing as I suggested.

Sent from my LGMS631 using Tapatalk

Lol. I bet they are. To top off the craziness, they have a 9 head northwestern rack that is selling all toys at 25 cents still. Punch balloons in 1 inch capsules at 25 cents! I have mine at .75.

Sent from my SM-N915V using Tapatalk

Lol. I bet they are. To top off the craziness, they have a 9 head northwestern rack that is selling all toys at 25 cents still. Punch balloons in 1 inch capsules at 25 cents! I have mine at .75.

i guess I misread where you said 2".

Right. The other vendor was selling punch balloons in 1 inch capsules in a 1 inch machine at .25. However, I sell mine in 2 inch capsules in a 2 in machine at .75.

Right. The other vendor was selling punch balloons in 1 inch capsules in a 1 inch machine at .25. However, I sell mine in 2 inch capsules in a 2 in machine at .75.

In the same location?

I'd ask the other vendors, if they would tell you the truth, of what they are paying there. Just to see if the owner is honest or not.

I am opening up a restaurant and my friend so and so said you give him 50%, can you offer me the same deal?

edit:dont use your cell phone.

Archived