Got my first machine - Not too happy - New and need help

kevinstan

Hello everyone - This is my first post. I just got my first gumball machine and need some help. Here is my quick story:

I saw a need for some simple gumball machines in a few local places around me. I decided to go forward with it and start with one machine - get it in somewhere and then purchase another and keep on until I create a nice little route.

Ordered my first machine from candymachines. Maybe I didn't order what I should have because it arrived today and the machine doesnt fit on the base that came with it. In fact the machine doesnt even have threaded holes on the bottom for me to attach it to anything. Am I missing something? Or did I not get something that I should have? The machine is the T-Pico brand (Thats what is listed on the turn handle). I am suprised the machine is rather cheaply made. I actually would love to hear some input from everyone on better quality machines to purchase next. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Can anyone tell me much more about this machine? It didn't come with any directions at all. Just the machine and base in two boxes and I cannot get them to go together. No screw holes on bottom of machine. There are holes, but they are WAYY too big for the screws it came with and they are not even threaded. I am a little confused.

Thanks in advance for any help anyone can give...

Hello everyone - This is my first post. I just got my first gumball machine and need some help. Here is my quick story:

I saw a need for some simple gumball machines in a few local places around me. I decided to go forward with it and start with one machine - get it in somewhere and then purchase another and keep on until I create a nice little route.

Ordered my first machine from candymachines. Maybe I didn't order what I should have because it arrived today and the machine doesnt fit on the base that came with it. In fact the machine doesnt even have threaded holes on the bottom for me to attach it to anything. Am I missing something? Or did I not get something that I should have? The machine is the T-Pico brand (Thats what is listed on the turn handle). I am suprised the machine is rather cheaply made. I actually would love to hear some input from everyone on better quality machines to purchase next. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Can anyone tell me much more about this machine? It didn't come with any directions at all. Just the machine and base in two boxes and I cannot get them to go together. No screw holes on bottom of machine. There are holes, but they are WAYY too big for the screws it came with and they are not even threaded. I am a little confused.

Thanks in advance for any help anyone can give...

I don't know enough about the machine to give you advice, but in general, stick with the top 4 brands - A&A, Beaver, Northwestern and Oak. These machines will give you the least trouble because of quality parts. Second, buy used. If you must buy new, buy direct from the manufacturer. Check Craigslist and eBay for listings near you.

Definitely read through some older posts to get some insight on the business. Luckily you only purchased 1 and not say 20. Stick with beaver, oak, northwestern as your brands, they'll last quite awhile with plenty of parts available.

I second buying used. Save yourself some money for products or more machines, just make sure to buy quality.

Does the base have threaded holes on the top of it? And does the holes in the machine that are too big line up over the holes on the stand? If so just use a washer to cover the larger holes.

Sent from my SM-N915V using Tapatalk

Yes. Do it from inside the machine. That way someone can't unscrew your machine head and walk away with it. I understand they could just pick up the entire stand and machine head but this just makes it more difficult. But as far as I know they all screw in from the inside of machine and into the base or stand.

Sent from my SM-N915V using Tapatalk

***Solved***

Thank you :)

You saved me !

And now I know to go with a better quality one next time. This one isnt quite what I was expecting as far as quality goes. Thank you everyone for the info!

You need to sell that one and buy a good used one

Archived