Coffee Bulk Vending? What?

PerformaVending

At first I was going to put this in the coffee forum, but as I can't fathom any OCS operator in their right mind touching one of these with a pole, I'll leave it here in the bulk section for your enjoyment. ;D

While perusing Craigslist today, I ran across this. I don't even know where to begin...

ea94ea2bad05e0114cd196aa2edeb0c9.jpg

0490e0615cbf7313c9b8bda072cb7b8f.png

I think it goes without saying that this is an odd way to sell coffee, and that the $9,995.00 price tag may be just a little exaggerated for 6 specialized 2" cap machines on location, so what more is there to say?

Well, I am curious what sort of machine that is. It looks like something from Deer Vending, but I'm not sure. I'm also curious how the "selector" works inside the cabinet. It indicates that there's a knob on top for the selection, sort of like the old Tic-Tac machines (pictured).

51e169512c01c235d200c192ffc9a1d4.png

An remnant from days gone by...

The Kelco thing is a jumbled mess, but it is to my knowledge it's the first time I've ever run across a 2" cab set up for user selections like this. I'm not sure if the concept has any real merit behind it, or if it would ever be useful on a route, but it is interesting to see that the Chinese are still thinking outside the box.

I dunno, what do you guys think about this one?

There's a site selling 5 of those machines, with "locations" for $5,998.00

http://www.vendingforsale.biz/k_cup_coffee_vending_machine_business.html

Multi-Max also puts out a Keurig vending machine, starting at least 6 years ago. It kind of looks like the one Southeast Treats posted.

http://www.multi-max.com/

Then there is the Koffee Karousel, which has the twist the top to choose.

(I am not endorsing any of these, even if I shared the links.)

I keep thinking Buzz Bites. But since the Keurig has started becoming a staple of offices, that could make this more likely to succeed than the BB machine. I really don't see people liking to spin to choose their product, also many offices do offer free coffee. Especially Doctor's offices and Tardises.

Interesting- I was wholly unaware that there was a "market" for this sort of thing (limited as it may be). I rather like the USI and Multimax units, as they've got DBV's so they'd at least turn some sort of profit. Not too many people carry 4 to 6 quarters around everyday I don't think.

There's a site selling 5 of those machines, with "locations" for $5,998.00

http://www.vendingfo...e_business.html

The real kicker for me is that you found the same machines for almost $3K less than I've seen them around! What a screaming deal!  :lol: All joking aside though, there appears to be some subtle differences between the ones that I found on CL and the one's pictured there. Multiple manufacturers perhaps? Is there really more than one Biz-Op trying to sell these things?  :rolleyes:

b87e4f19a2a67d940e60e22b8ac41077.jpg

Maybe it's made that way, maybe it's photoshop...

That looks even more like a Deer Vending Mech- though this ad seems to indicate it's a ludicrous six-coin $1.50 mech. I've never heard of anything like that out of Deer Vending, and certainly wouldn't want to put something like that to any long-term stress tests.

Six quarter mechs, $67,000 in "profits" from five 30" modded capsule machines- what will China think of next?

Six quarter mechs, $67,000 in "profits" from five 30" modded capsule machines- what will China think of next?

Well I did the math, and that is definitely Gross Profit.

$1.50 X 25 sales a day X 5 locations X 358 days a year (businesses only closed 7 days a year) = $67,125 gross.

Now all you have to do is find 5 offices that each will drink 25 cups of coffee a day at $1.50 a cup, 358 days out of the year. Oh and I hope the machine holds 175 cups so you only need to fill it once a week. (How many offices drink 8,950 cups of coffee a year?) I wonder if they could prove that anyone is actually doing this?

There might be the possibility of finding 5 offices who drink 6 cups a day @ $1.00 X 5 days a week x 52 weeks a year, with a cost of 40¢ each k-cup, the net is about $4,680, before taxes, mileage, and other expenses.

Well I did the math, and that is definitely Gross Profit.

$1.50 X 25 sales a day X 5 locations X 358 days a year (businesses only closed 7 days a year) = $67,125 gross.

Now all you have to do is find 5 offices that each will drink 25 cups of coffee a day at $1.50 a cup, 358 days out of the year. Oh and I hope the machine holds 175 cups so you only need to fill it once a week. (How many offices drink 8,950 cups of coffee a year?) I wonder if they could prove that anyone is actually doing this?

There might be the possibility of finding 5 offices who drink 6 cups a day @ $1.00 X 5 days a week x 52 weeks a year, with a cost of 40¢ each k-cup, the net is about $4,680, before taxes, mileage, and other expenses.

Still sounds like a LOT of work. That and you've gotta hope that all EIGHT selections are good sellers, or you'll have spoiled product. Can't beat that... :rolleyes:

Well I searched the forum, and found that lacanteen has a couple Multi-Max. Said they work fine, but are fragile, and he thought of getting the same setup from a different supplier. I checked the link for that other supplier, and they also have the express station, which is the same machine as pictured above. They are selling it for $550, and the larger one matching the Multi-Max for $1,650.

So we now have 6 for $10K, 5 for $6K, and one for $550.  Beginning to wonder what the wholesale price is.

http://www.coffeesmart.com/single-cup/

Well I searched the forum, and found that lacanteen has a couple Multi-Max. Said they work fine, but are fragile, and he thought of getting the same setup from a different supplier. I checked the link for that other supplier, and they also have the express station, which is the same machine as pictured above. They are selling it for $550, and the larger one matching the Multi-Max for $1,650.

So we now have 6 for $10K, 5 for $6K, and one for $550.  Beginning to wonder what the wholesale price is.

http://www.coffeesmart.com/single-cup/

That is fascinating- I wonder who's manufacturing them, and as you said, at what price. As Chinese imports they can't be much more than other machines being made over there- these Biz-Op's stand to make a fortune. :(

Well here's the one in the link Southeast Treats shared

Full-size-CTop-Pod-Vending-Machine.jpg

Kinda looks like a microwave. I think their brochure shows a better image.

http://www.uselectit.com/wfdata/files/CTop.pdf

Not sure what the price is on this one. Looked at a bunch of distributors, but none actually listed that they even offered this machine.

That is fascinating- I wonder who's manufacturing them, and as you said, at what price. As Chinese imports they can't be much more than other machines being made over there- these Biz-Op's stand to make a fortune. :(

Could be Vend tech (Uturn), they have expanded lately into coffee and other lines.

Archived