2 in baffle

AMD Snacks

Hey all, i'm putting together my first rack, got my 2 in capsules mounted and noticed one didn't have a baffle. I'm wondering is it worth ordering, or can I just cut out a piece of metal around the same shape? It's basically to keep some weight off the dispensing wheel yes?

post-10601-0-26059800-1461604233_thumb.jpg

If vending 2" capsules, you should be fine going without.  I have some 2" machines on location without them and haven't had any problems.  If you're vending something heavy like 2" superballs/gumballs, then you absolutely need it; but with capsules you should be fine.

Go to Walmart, buy yourself a round tub of the Great Value "I can't believe it's not butter" equivalent (or something in a similar round container). Take the lid, spray paint it a solid color. Take a drill or a knife and cut a small hole in the center to fit it over the rod.

Take it, drop it into the machine, and it should settle over the springs just like the NW metal one will.

The baffle just keeps the caps from stacking up directly on the wheel and jamming things up. This "cheapskate" method of mine only works with standard 2" caps. If you're running BB's or gum, you'll want the real-deal metal ones, as they can handle the weight of those caps far better. (Well, and be food safe around the gum.) Good luck!

lol thanks performa...yea I work in a machine shop... So I figure during my slow time I'll be fabricating and welding rack related parts...I haven't received my caps yet from AA so it's hard for me to see what all the parts in this machine are supposed to do

But I can definitely see some "modifications" the guy who sold it to me did lol...ohwell whatever works!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Go to Walmart, buy yourself a round tub of the Great Value "I can't believe it's not butter" equivalent (or something in a similar round container). Take the lid, spray paint it a solid color. Take a drill or a knife and cut a small hole in the center to fit it over the rod.

Take it, drop it into the machine, and it should settle over the springs just like the NW metal one will.

The baffle just keeps the caps from stacking up directly on the wheel and jamming things up. This "cheapskate" method of mine only works with standard 2" caps. If you're running BB's or gum, you'll want the real-deal metal ones, as they can handle the weight of those caps far better. (Well, and be food safe around the gum.) Good luck!

Are you a red neck? Sounds like something I would do to a car! Lol probably works great too!

Archived