Who makes this?

mppuzzled

So, I found this machine for sale.  The asking price is $400.  Missing some keys and Locks.  Mechs are currently set for Tokens.  I am not sure who makes this, the seller said the maker is "The Candy Holder". But I am not sure who that is nor can I find anything on them.  Can you tell from this image who the maker is?

So, I found this machine for sale.  The asking price is $400.  Missing some keys and Locks.  Mechs are currently set for Tokens.  I am not sure who makes this, the seller said the maker is "The Candy Holder". But I am not sure who that is nor can I find anything on them.  Can you tell from this image who the maker is?

post-11506-0-64412200-1461773147_thumb.jpg

So, I found this machine for sale. The asking price is $400. Missing some keys and Locks. Mechs are currently set for Tokens. I am not sure who makes this, the seller said the maker is "The Candy Holder". But I am not sure who that is nor can I find anything on them. Can you tell from this image who the maker is?

Is this a listing in Detroit? If so, it's definitely rhino machines. Not worth it.

I run into them a lot when I look for locstions. They market to small businesses directly, so you walk into a place and they will let you put machines in if you buy thier old machines, usually rhino. I have in the past and thought, hey these are just like northwesterns, except the they don't work very well. You can not build a business based on machines that don't work very well. Biggest issue: coin mechs.

Coin mechanisms are going to fail, just a matter of time. The rest of the machine is cheaply made as well. You'd be better served finding a oak/northwestern/beaver/a&a setup. You'll get alot more reliability out of those.

Just curious. Why is rhino junk? What's the main issues with this brand?

Sent from my SM-N915V using Tapatalk

Rhino is an import brand, where the quality of parts varies pretty wildly. I know guys who have had great success with them, and guys who have had no luck at all. Generally speaking, imports use inferior plastic and metals for all of their components. The bodies wear out faster and are more prone to fading and damage. Globes tend to cloud or turn yellow far faster than a "real" brand. The coin mechanisms are, generally speaking, doomed to fail out of the box- it's only a matter of time. The vend wheels in Rhino machines are a much softer plastic than those found in other brands, and can get "chewed" up in short order in some locs. Speaking of locks, the locs shipped with Rhinos are usually sticky at best, jam prone at worst.

All in all, they are what they are- machines that look okay at a distance, and generally will get the job done. The issues are in the longevity- by the time you've invested in them in terms of money, parts, service, and lost time due to jams and other issues, you've made far less money than if you'd bought a "name" brand. If you buy direct, the pricing on an Oak Vista or the A&A PO89 will be comparable to that of the Rhino or other imports too, and either of those machines will work for years without any serious issues.

Bear in mind that imports are typically short run Biz-Op style sales. They are brought in, sold at a usually vast markup, and then the company selling them tends to vanish into the ether, taking the money with them before their angry customers catch up to them. The number of companies that have sold machines like the Rhino that have vanished is staggering- SSF, T-Pico, V-Line, Pro-Line, and the list goes on...

I only speak for myself here, though I suspect others share my sentiments. I don't hate Rhino or any of these other brands. What I don't like is that they are designed to "ensnare" inexperienced vendors into inferior equipment at an often great expense, both in terms of money and of their time.

Archived