Little Punk Kid Stealing

BaneTrain

Probably a newbie operator, which makes it all the more sad. The guys just getting going don't need any more obstacles, let alone clowns like this messing with their gear. :(

Yeah probably, I might of done this when I first started if it wasn't for Hillbilly showing me the ropes. I also test and retest all my machines before I put them out, so I can find the problems before someone else does. 

Excellent job parents. He also tries to justify it as ok, since the machine is in his dad's shop. 

Lol right?! Dad, dad look at all the gum I just stole from this guy! Isn't it cool, aren't I such a good son?

Exactly!  I always make sure to test my machines before I put them out and after I service them. I'd rather take the extra time to do it right then have to go back later and fix it and possibly have someone who's upset. I have been doing this almost a year now and I  have only had three service calls. One was for a gumball machine where it would not vend properly. Hillbilly and I couldn't figure out exactly what the problem was so I put a new machine in there. Another was because someone was acting like the Hulk and ripped my coin mech out. Hillbilly said I needed a new latch on the mech so I did. The third one was I didn't align the wheel on one of my machines properly because I couldn't find the mark on the wheel and it ended up giving extra gumballs. Thankfully the location called and told me the problem. I am glad some people are still honest these days!

As far as I can tell, (from a little searching,) this happened at Wheel and Tire Exchange in Charlotte, North Carolina. 

If the owners of this business approve of their child stealing, I wouldn't trust them enough, and would take my business elsewhere. (If I lived anywhere around there.)

I will say I like that he is teaching people how to "hack" a machine when it's defective, and teaching others like he is some sort of expert. I almost thought of pointing it out, but decided not to correct that little piece of misinformation. (And I hate having misinformation out there.)

Ohh wow, how did you find that out?! Not too far from me, 4 hour drive but that is very interesting. I completely agree, if it's ok for their kid to steal then they are going to steal from you , overcharge etc. Did you read all the comments? Everyone was saying I will have to try this, thanking him and saying locations they need to go to. You should correct his ignorance and the fact he's a thief and set him straight! I like posting these videos,like anything else, people try to get one leg up on you and stick it to the man. I think it helps newer people realize you better get your crap together or someone will take advantage of you!

I say we send the Charlotte, NC police department a link to this video and see if they can check this out and let the owner of the machine press charges. To many good folks doing nothing and letting the bad folks and their kids out there get away with everything. It's outright stealing! That little sh** needs to be taught a valuable lesson and his dad too!

And probably right about the business doing shady business too!

I say we send the Charlotte, NC police department a link to this video and see if they can check this out and let the owner of the machine press charges. To many good folks doing nothing and letting the bad folks and their kids out there get away with everything. It's outright stealing! That little sh** needs to be taught a valuable lesson and his dad too!

And probably right about the business doing shady business too!

Unfortunately it probably wouldn't result in anything, but hopefully just a talk with a cop would fix him. He also seems to think he's an expert about the machines if you look in the comments section he thinks a "gear is broken."

Someone please leave a negative google review for their business and say the owner's litle SH%# kid steals gumballs from the vending machine and his dad knows about it! Watch out, possible shady business lol.

Ohh wow, how did you find that out?! Not too far from me, 4 hour drive but that is very interesting. I completely agree, if it's ok for their kid to steal then they are going to steal from you , overcharge etc. Did you read all the comments? Everyone was saying I will have to try this, thanking him and saying locations they need to go to. You should correct his ignorance and the fact he's a thief and set him straight! I like posting these videos,like anything else, people try to get one leg up on you and stick it to the man. I think it helps newer people realize you better get your crap together or someone will take advantage of you!

Okay, looking into it further, he may just be an employee, not the owner. It looks like AJ Schlub is the business owner. He may not know his employees kid is doing this.

The kids Father obviously works there, since he has a picture of himself with their logo on it.

I found this info by searching for the kids name on Facebook. Only 3 people came up, (rare name,) and the picture of him made it obvious who he was. In his pictures on Facebook, he even has the same picture he uses for his YouTube account.

Anyway his Father is listed on there, so I link to his Facebook page, and his background image was where he works. I searched for the business name, and North Carolina, and it came up on the map. I should have looked further at that point. Going to the Facebook Page for the business gave the owner of the business, and a link to his Facebook page, letting me know it was not the kids Father, but one of his employees, who I assume takes his bonus in the form of gumballs, and office supplies. 

This is another one I watched last night. Not as bad as the first. The operator is still making money but come on now people lol.

Could be another defective machine. The fact that it doesn't dispense until she twists it more shows that. The wheel could be set up wrong, but in this case I am no expert.

There are wheels that do dispense 2 gumballs at once. Nice idea. Gumballs are cheap enough to sell 2 for 25¢, but if you don't list it on the machine, some people might think they are getting something over on the owner. And it could create more business since people think they are taking advantage of a defective machine, or they have some sort of "skill". Just look at the kid buying over and over and over. 2 gumballs cost me less than 5¢. (Double Bubble 850 count.) Bubble King costs more, but this could the the 1080 count gum. (Currently $24.44 before shipping at TJ King. Don't know if that's a good price or not since I stuck with DB since my Sams Club still sells them.)

I like the fact that we watch her put $1.00 into the machine, and they think they are getting away with something. With DB it would have cost me 19¢, but with a 1080 Bubble King (based on the above price, and estimating the shipping to be the same as what Sams would charge,) I estimate it would have been less than 12¢. Now you would have to have an increase in sales by about 12% to break even, compared to selling one at a time that is.

Well still, maybe the business owner should know lol. Ever think about being a private investigator? lol

I'm more of a stalker.

We could send the link to the video to him. I'm sure he knows what his shop looks like, and what the kid looks like.

A properly operating machine won't give more than one gumball. It's up to the Vendor to make sure his equipment is working as intended.

On the other side of the ledger, I am sure there are many times someone puts money in our machines and doesn't get either any vend or a full vend. I'll bet in the long run we are unintentionally ahead of our customers in terms of misvends.

Could be another defective machine. The fact that it doesn't dispense until she twists it more shows that. The wheel could be set up wrong, but in this case I am no expert.

There are wheels that do dispense 2 gumballs at once. Nice idea. Gumballs are cheap enough to sell 2 for 25¢, but if you don't list it on the machine, some people might think they are getting something over on the owner. And it could create more business since people think they are taking advantage of a defective machine, or they have some sort of "skill". Just look at the kid buying over and over and over. 2 gumballs cost me less than 5¢. (Double Bubble 850 count.) Bubble King costs more, but this could the the 1080 count gum. (Currently $24.44 before shipping at TJ King. Don't know if that's a good price or not since I stuck with DB since my Sams Club still sells them.)

I like the fact that we watch her put $1.00 into the machine, and they think they are getting away with something. With DB it would have cost me 19¢, but with a 1080 Bubble King (based on the above price, and estimating the shipping to be the same as what Sams would charge,) I estimate it would have been less than 12¢. Now you would have to have an increase in sales by about 12% to break even, compared to selling one at a time that is.

I'm more of a stalker.

We could send the link to the video to him. I'm sure he knows what his shop looks like, and what the kid looks like.

I have several machines that do 2 for 25 and I wouldn't mind this happening. Hell I am still making 20 cents each turn. The other kid that is blatant theft and the operator is clearly losing money. Haha I'd love if someone did that, the little sh%T wouldn't know what happened!

A properly operating machine won't give more than one gumball. It's up to the Vendor to make sure his equipment is working as intended.

On the other side of the ledger, I am sure there are many times someone puts money in our machines and doesn't get either any vend or a full vend. I'll bet in the long run we are unintentionally ahead of our customers in terms of misvends.

Yeah I always wonder how much this happens and no one says anything. Blows it off and says well it's just a quarter. 

Archived