I just picked up a Lektro Vend VS99 with a location...my problem is the Bill Validator [hopefully not the machine.]

I have a MEI VN2311 with a Maka to MEI harness.

Coin mech takes coins well, all motors works, board seems to function properly.

Here is the problem:

The BV accepts the dollar but doesn't show a dollar credit on the display board.

Can anyone give me some suggestions thank you

MEI 2311

Maka to MEI harness

The 2311 is an "Economy" model which has no switch 7 or 8 to set the interface with.  That means that this validator only uses the short pulse.  I don't know if the VS99 needs a long pulse or not but if it does then this validator won't work in that machine.  Did the seller claim that it ever worked or is he selling you something he couldn't fix?  The harness connection you show also don't go to a Mars validator so I'm not sure what they are hooked up to.

My MEI interface guide from 2002 calls for a 24VAC with serial interface.

That said, If you're only using the 110VAC power cable, you would still need a 2500 series bill acceptor to set switch 8 for credit line interface.

Hello, I took out the 2311 and have a 2542 on stand by.

I tried to insert both plugs into the side of the 2542 but the one with the 2 plastic caps on wouldn't allow me to.

Will the 2542 work on this machine, if so can you please walk me through the process....thank you Forum.

Please see photos:

Harnesses from VS99

Harnesses from VS99

Harnesses coming VS99

MEI 2542 to replace 2311

AZ, you know what that was the harness for the 110 Mei bill validator. Do you think I need a Maka to 24v Mei harness?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

To use a 24V bill acceptor you need LV part # 098-5324 harness. Good luck with that. Your chances are better if you can find a MEI VN2501 bill acceptor.

You are really struggling with a dinosaur here.  You need to put back in what was in it before if you can.  The plugs in your first post were used for a Maka but if the machine still had the Mars harnesses supplied when the machine was new then you can do a 110v Mars.  It looks like you have that harness from your second set of photos so you should use a 2500 110v validator.  If you need one you can email me at rbepic4gatgmaildotcom.

Archived