When A Location Changes Owners

BaneTrain

So tonight by chance I see the owner of the [pizza joint I have a gumball machine at the gym. We talk about everything and I ask him how's business and tells me he sold it. Said he showed the new owners how to make dough but that's it. Said he sold it because he was tired of noone being able to learn how to cook and he had some really good pizza too. My question is how has a location been with you after it changed ownership? Better? Worse? Kicked out? I have a feeling this business is going to tank and I will either have to pull my machine or I might lose it. We shall see. 

It all depends.  Sometimes that's opportunity when it was a no before, to a yes this time or vice versa.  Sometimes the new owners want to come in and clean house and change everything; and your machine will likely be part of it, while other new owners determine the machines aren't hurting anything and leave them alone.

Everything appears to be good with the new management. I was planning on adding a skittles head before this happened and I still will in the next few weeks. It is a solid location that I hope continues to do well. 

I had one switch owners recently, I always wanted to place crane there because it's a good location but old owner never would let me. New owner is putting in gameroom and wants it filled up. Lucky me.

I've had it go both ways. I've had some that have wanted me out so they could put their own gear in, while I've had others that have let me add more stuff. Best one I ever had was a smaller restaurant that I had a little rack in. When I came in to pay them the commission, I ran into the new owners, and they were incredibly happy to be paid in cash. Each time I came in they are just delighted to get cash for their commission. Since then the charity triple and the other toy setup have vanished. I don't know if I was the only one paying, but since then I managed to add a triple of my own and another 2" machine in the space, and it does pretty well.

One thing to watch, especially with restaurants, is when they change hands see if the place is doing okay or not. If the new owners stumble, they can close pretty fast, and recovering gear from closed establishments is a pain I wouldn't wish on my worst enemies. Just keep an eye on things- you can tell pretty quick when things have turned south in places like that.

Good luck on the loc moving forward sir, nice work!

That's awesome you were able to add more gear in there! I don't think there will be a problem with my machine being replaced but it's been there long enough I know roughly what to expect. If it sharply drops off from that number, then I will know there is a problem!

• 4 weeks later...

As others have said, it goes both ways. I do mainly amusements and have recently had two locations change owners and want my gear out. I think it is part of them trying to turn things around in venue that have been let go a bit. 

Others have asked about new gear or the change helps my machines perform better.

• 4 weeks later...

So tonight by chance I see the owner of the [pizza joint I have a gumball machine at the gym. We talk about everything and I ask him how's business and tells me he sold it. Said he showed the new owners how to make dough but that's it. Said he sold it because he was tired of noone being able to learn how to cook and he had some really good pizza too. My question is how has a location been with you after it changed ownership? Better? Worse? Kicked out? I have a feeling this business is going to tank and I will either have to pull my machine or I might lose it. We shall see.

Keep your eye on it. I lost a machine that way. Old owner didn't say a thing just left the country.... New owners won't give me the machine.

Sent from my Z987 using Tapatalk

Yeah in my other post it's currently being held hostage. The location changed owners although there is different sides to that story. They were open a month then suddenly closed. New owner said they were reopening but haven't. 

Archived