Feminine products and misc items

smartvendnw

I have a location with 110 women 6 days a week. The snack machine does about $1000 month.

The manager approached me about vending feminine products and other items like Tylenol that they always need and/or forget.

Has anyone done this? Machines out there? Can I make room in my snack machine for a handful of these items? Not sure about mixing snacks with products. Plus I think the women's restroom would be the ideal spot.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a location with 110 women 6 days a week. The snack machine does about $1000 month.

The manager approached me about vending feminine products and other items like Tylenol that they always need and/or forget.

Has anyone done this? Machines out there? Can I make room in my snack machine for a handful of these items? Not sure about mixing snacks with products. Plus I think the women's restroom would be the ideal spot.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have equipment in several "gentleman's clubs". The first one I ever had (11 years and still have it) I put a three selection feminine hygiene machine in the dancer's dressing room. Run tampons, maxi pads, & Midol Tablets. Midol and maxi pad sell at a glacial pace. Tampons sell but not fast enough to justify buying a special machine. Other than that location I run tampons/pads & Advil out of snack machines and that works just fine. You also don't need to worry about buying products that vend out of a special machine.

I have equipment in several "gentleman's clubs". The first one I ever had (11 years and still have it) I put a three selection feminine hygiene machine in the dancer's dressing room. Run tampons, maxi pads, & Midol Tablets. Midol and maxi pad sell at a glacial pace. Tampons sell but not fast enough to justify buying a special machine. Other than that location I run tampons/pads & Advil out of snack machines and that works just fine. You also don't need to worry about buying products that vend out of a special machine.

Great to know. Where do I buy goods in bulk? Costco business?

Also, if you don't mind telling what do you sell them at? Ha ha... I don't even know where to begin. Thanks.

I sell every item like that for $1.00 so honestly you can by tampons and pads anywhere and still make a great profit. I buy vendible tampons (out of necessity) and just use those in the snack machines. Sam's has 96 count tampons for $13.48 but I would consider Walmart for smaller quantities at a good price. I buy Advil from Sam's (Advil Tablets Dispenser 50 - 2ct. packets) for $7 to $10 bucks a box. These will last you a long time.because they are truly an emergency item and just don't sell very quickly. Most women have extra items like this in their purse or they borrow from each other so that hurts sales as well. One challenge you may have is vending out of a spiral vending machine. I put mine in small sandwich bags folded over and they work fine.

Archived