Finnicky bill validator?

JBomm

Hey Guys, 

I have a can machine that's been acting odd.  Bill validating machine is a CoinCo BA32SA with a CoinCo 9300 Series coin changer.  

Through troubleshooting i discovered that if I put a dollar in, and ejected change, it would then flash exact change only until I loaded the quarters back in.  

I then flipped the quarter tube  to Lo mode and it now will accept dollars for a few seconds, and switch to exact change only for a few seconds, back and forth.  

Any idea what my issue could be?

Also, the BA32SA can be set to accept 1s-20s,  and the 9300 series can be set to accept and dispense dollar coins.  Where do I get a piece with 4 tubes so I can start accepting 5s and dispensing dollar coins?  My snack machine has the same coin changer but a different bill machine. My machines are at my place of work.  Low prices on snacks and under 50 employees.  

Thanks!

Assuming you actually do have enough quarters in the machine, it sounds as though something is wrong with your coin mech.  You need to be more specific with what model machine and coin mech you have.  The 9300 series has many variations so I can't tell what kind of a machine it is.  Having a BA32SA is odd as I want to believe that what you have is a newer model MDB machine with something like a 9302-GX.  Everything is relevant here as "flashing exact change" could mean a simple LED light or it could mean a display.  Either way, it sounds as though you are having a problem with the coin mech.  Without giving more details as to the model of the coin mech or machine, it's difficult to say how you can replace the unit.

As for making it accept $5's (or higher), you might not be able to really do that with that validator.  The BA series coinco validator are pretty old and most aren't tuned for 2008-year currency except for $1 bills.  With that said, there's a high chance that you would be wasting money on a newer coin mech.  Being able to accept $1 coins doesn't mean that you can feasibly dispense $1 coins as you may have to give up a quarter or dime slot to do so if it's a 3-tube mech.  If you really want it to take $5 bills and your machine is MDB, then you could probably get a decent setup for $250 to accept $5 bills, accept and dispense $1 coins, and get your machine fixed up.  But again, you need to give the model of the machine and coin mech.  Having a BA32SA in there is odd unless it's an MDB machine.

Hey, thanks for the response! I will get more detailed information on the machine, coin mech, and I'll double check the bill validator. I hadn't even considered the fact that currency has changed. It sounds like the best chance I have is just making the equipment I do have now work right.

Hey, thanks for the response! I will get more detailed information on the machine, coin mech, and I'll double check the bill validator. I hadn't even considered the fact that currency has changed. It sounds like the best chance I have is just making the equipment I do have now work right.

The can machine itself is an FSI 3037 (both units have stickers from VendNet as well) 

The coin mech is a 9302-L (both machines are equipped with this coin mech) 

It seems that the nickles bipass the coin mech and go straight to the bin, which isn't a big deal for this can machine that has $1 cans. 

The Bill validator is a BA32SA

I will get you any info I can.  My main concern is getting the bill validator working consistently if possible. I don't have a 2nd of this type, but I have a Nippon Conclux Co., LTD NBD-16AX-400 on the snack machine if that helps for any trouble shooting recommendations. 

Firstly, that is an old machine. They work well but I don't think you can get it to accept MDB. With that said, your best bet is to have your 9302-L repaired.

As for your MAKA validator, that is more inferior than the ba32sa.

It is possible to install a MAG32SA on your can machine but you'll run out of coins fast if you try to get one that accepts new 2008 $5's. If you really do have low pricing, you may end up paying out most of your profits in the form of repairs.

In summary, you really should just get the coin mech repaired. In fact, to verify that the problem is with the coin mech, you should swap the 9302-L in the can with that of the snack (ONLY if they are both 9302-L models!!). If the problem goes away on the can, then you know it's a coin mech problem.

They are both for sure the 9302 L models.  I'll try that out!  

The snack machine is an FSI 3076 and the bill validator has been having issues lately, would you recommend just throwing a different bill validator on there? 

If the issue does happen to be the coin mech, should I contact Vendnet for repair, or do you guys have another recommendation? 

Low prices are candy $.75, 1oz chips $.65, big pastry items $.85.  No rent or commission, free Sams club membership.  I use the area under the snack machine for snack storage.  I'm trying to put another machine in our other company to offset expired products.  1 snack machine is difficult to maintain without loss at a low volume location in my experience.  I used to not run potato chips because they would expire too soon, but it seems that the dates on the bags have been pushed out a month or two from when I purchased these machines.  

You need to take a picture of the inside of the door of the snack machine. Specifically, you need a picture of the bracket that the validator mounts to. You also need to take a picture of the board OR try to find our what board it is.

In the end, you may find it to not be worth the money. AZVendor is very knowledgeable and he can probably get you what you need, but you need to decide how far you want to go with upgrades. Too little and you will only buy time. Too much and you could have bought better equipment. Those machines are, while decent machines in their day, old and very obsolete. They were designed for what was available at the time and sometimes it's difficult (if not impossible) to get the parts you need.

PS. If you are having trouble with expired products, it may be time to walk away from the snack machine.

The CD8 is a 12 oz can-only machine so taking anything other than a $5 is unlikely and really not necessary.  It's also not capable of MDB.  If you'll email me at rbepic4gatgmaildotcom I can send you a rebuilt validator.

Archived