No Manufacturer or serial number on my machine

suzannetoon

Hello!

I am interested in teaching my 6th grader how to run a "business". So, I recently purchased a 2 headed bulk candy machine, and plan on having her maintain it (with my supervision, of course). I purchased it off eBay, and just ran into a potential issue.

In order to get the machine licensed and placed in a location, they require a serial number. The machine has no manufacturer information or serial numbers located on it. It is also missing a key, and it seems I will need that information in order to get a replacement (although it seems I might be able to order one just by looking at it).

I am new to this, and hope I didn't act too fast for a good price :/ Does anyone know if I will have issues getting it licensed without a serial number?

Any advice will help.

I've included pictures as well, in case that helps.

Thank you, all.

post-11908-0-63064100-1465933373_thumb.jpg

post-11908-0-52935700-1465933414_thumb.jpg

Hello!

I am interested in teaching my 6th grader how to run a "business". So, I recently purchased a 2 headed bulk candy machine, and plan on having her maintain it (with my supervision, of course). I purchased it off eBay, and just ran into a potential issue.

In order to get the machine licensed and placed in a location, they require a serial number. The machine has no manufacturer information or serial numbers located on it. It is also missing a key, and it seems I will need that information in order to get a replacement (although it seems I might be able to order one just by looking at it).

I am new to this, and hope I didn't act too fast for a good price :/ Does anyone know if I will have issues getting it licensed without a serial number?

Any advice will help.

I've included pictures as well, in case that helps.

Thank you, all.

Who requires a Serial number ? In 20 plus years I never heard of this.

What part of the country are you in? I've never seen a serial number on any bulk machine I've come across. I have them on my large vending machines though. Maybe that's where the confusion is?

As for the lock, you could drill it out and buy a new one or take it to a locksmith and see if he can't cut a key for you.

What part of the country are you in? I've never seen a serial number on any bulk machine I've come across. I have them on my large vending machines though. Maybe that's where the confusion is?

As for the lock, you could drill it out and buy a new one or take it to a locksmith and see if he can't cut a key for you.

NW stamps serial numbers on the machines. But never heard of any license requiring them for any machine.

I know NW and Beaver tend to have serial numbers. They are pretty much unheard of on everything else- and don't make much sense if you think about it. I've got plenty of machines that are "Frankenstein" machines made of parts from many sources. I've never heard of anyone needing a serial number for placements.

When I first looked into insurance I had the agent demand all my serial numbers, and it took a while to explain that vending units, at least in bulk, just don't have them.

The application for licensing in Florida requires a serial number to license a vending machine. I will call to verify that this is also the case with a bulk vending machine. I hadn't realized until reading your replies that maybe there are different requirements.

Thank you, everyone. I really appreciate the replies. I'm glad I found this forum! I'm excited about starting this with my daughter.

Now, off to read some placement related topics!

Hello Suzannetoon I am a Floridiot myself, I have never seen licensing on a bulk machine. The larger machines require a state sticker. I could be wrong and they are needed. Any information you gather, it would be greatly appreciated if you shared.

I sure will! Have you had to license any of your machines? I don't even know if it's a requirement at this point (even though the bulk vending machines fit the description of a "vending machine" that requires licensing).

I haven't had a chance to call them yet today - but just wondering if you had to license yours. TIA!

If it's the law, follow the law. Jeremiah has a good suggestion. You can also get an engraving tool for pretty cheap.

But it's not trust me

All he is required special in FL is the Florida law sticker on candy and gum but not toys

Archived