Service cycles

gumhead

I try to keep up on my machines and keep them full.  Most of my machines are on my regular route and at places that I shop at often.  So this is easy for me to do.  But I noticed that machines that are full tend to look more appealing and also don't look like they may be full of quarters for someone who is thinking about trying to break into one.  I live in a high crime area so those kind of things cross my mind.  But personally I try not to let my machines get below 3/4 full.  I think that it is all personal preference for what works best for you while servicing your machines.  

Personally all my machines if they could be like 10 vends from empty when I get there would be perfect lol, I hate getting to a location and my machine is empty cuz that looks bad and is money I could've been making. But I don't want to see it so full I could've waited another 3 weeks because that means I'm wasting gas...but each of my locations is different and has different needs.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

I think it comes down to the math. You're obviously going to increase your profits if you stretch your service cycle out. I wouldn't have a problem with going down to 1/4, especially with toys. They don't go bad. Other circumstances might dictate more frequent visits, like what mppuzzled said, but I think anywhere between 1/2 and 1/4 would be ideal.

I run mine just about to the wire in most cases. I tend to check new racks a few times after they're placed to get a "feel" of how they are doing, and from that I can usually guesstimate how long it'll take for them to go empty. It varies from loc to loc- the fastest selling machine on a string of units usually dictates the service cycle for me anyway.

Archived