Questions for a new vender

Zigzag Vending

Hey, everyone. Got a few quick questions before I make some purchases and decisions and hopefully avoid making bad ones.

1) The vaseline on the base trick. I just smeared it in a thin layer at the bottom of the post cuz i thought "i dont want the ants getting anywhere near the machine itself," but it is looking like the way to do it is to glob it on. Does it make a difference or should mine work? I dont know if its just supposed to prevent them from crawling up or if theyre supposed to get stuck in it or what, so please clarify.

2) The Super 60s and A&A global rack machines i keep seeing: How d you get the money out of those? Do u have to take it all apart like a small beaver style or is there a door on the back. I've tried looking on youtube but no one has an in depth review like that. On that same note, what does Northwestern mean by a "2-piece breakaway design" on the super 80s?

3)If I buy a rack, does it take any other special brackets to attach the machines, and does it come with the bolts that I would need?

4) I've seen these cash boxes for Rhino and Pro Line machines that go on the bottom of the machien so you woudnt have to take it all apart to get to the money. Do these work on other brands of machines at all, because from looking at pictures it seems like beaver rhino LYPC etc all have very similar bodies to them. Just wondering if anyone's tried them on other brands.

5) Do you put an ice pack or two in your cooler with your candy, especially in the summer? Ive got the Ice Cube and I just dont know if it would stay cool long enough in the car without something.

6) If you are placing a commission rack or machine, do you still have a business card or something you tape to the machine so they can call you if theres ever a problem?

7) is there a way to clear up the plastic on vendstars or vendesign if theyre scratched or cloudy? I know somewhere i read its because of nuts and the oils and salt, but didnt know if there was a way to improve their appearance, OR, OR, to help prevent the damage??

Thanks in advance and I am absolutely LOVING this forum and the personalities that dwell here. Wife is getting a little jealous to be honest.  ;D

And you can call me Jake.

1 IDK

2 Unlock, take off globe, grab base, and dump in a bag.

Some machines you lift base and scoop quarters from bottom plate.

3 Uses standard 1/4 x 20 bolts. On some cheap crappy stands you may need to redrill holes.

4 I dunno, sometimes it depends due to chinesium spec "tolerances".

5 If you live in a warm area yes.

6. Yup, along with a bunch of other decals (allergy, tax stickers, sales tax included, etc.)

7 Headlight cleaner, not sure if food safe though.

1) For my triples I put vasoline (a thin layer) right where the pole meets the heads of the machine. Never have had ants yet, but maybe that's just a coincidence lol. My thinking has always been that the first scout ant will run into the layer of Vaseline, decide it's not somewhere he can go and turn around before summoning his buddies.  

2) I don't see any break away description on their site for northwestern, I do have a few 80's. The top of the machine sort of tilts back, and the coin mech door drops down like a draw bridge to let you pull out the change tray. I like them, also I like the big Oaks from Oak mfg.

Also for the 60's, the mounting plate is bolted to the rack, the body can be lifted up a couple inches, and turned 1/4 turn to rest on the mounting plate. Gives you couple inches to reach in and scoop out your quarters.

Not sure which AA global machine you're referring to.

Archived