New equipment- what's the best?

In an interesting twist, I may be in the market for some "new" equipment after all. However, I'm not quite sure which manufacturer is the best, or rather, is the best value for the money. I'll know this next week what my fortunes may be.

Long story short, if you were buying a new snack machine and a new soda machine for an account, what would you buy?

Thank you all very much for the insight- I appreciate it! ^_^

In an interesting twist, I may be in the market for some "new" equipment after all. However, I'm not quite sure which manufacturer is the best, or rather, is the best value for the money. I'll know this next week what my fortunes may be.

Long story short, if you were buying a new snack machine and a new soda machine for an account, what would you buy?

Thank you all very much for the insight- I appreciate it! ^_^

If I had a account that justified the expense of new equipment, the choice for me would be simple.  Go with a Royal GIII 660 soda machine paired with an AMS snack machine.  Both companies are headquartered in Kearneysville, WV.  So you might arrange to have them shipped together though these are completely separate companies.  This is going to cost you a bundle so it may be time to hit the Mage up for a raise  ;D  ;D  ;D

I'm with moondog, ams snack new is the best bang for your buck in my opinion. I'm also partial to royal drink machines. Although I have heard great things about the new vendos, I don't have any experience with them though

We buy a couple new each year.  We go with AMS 39" (5-wide).  We absolutely love them.  When we buy drink machines, we buy the Vendo 8 or 10 column drink machines.  They are what we have gone with from day one.  A few tiny issues here and there but nothing to change our minds going forward.  Those are the new snack and drink machines we go with.  Good luck with the new account if you end up getting it and go new.  Just make sure you break even in a decent amount of time.  Last thing you want is your "break even point" to be years and years down the road.

WJC III

SoutheastTreats....since you have used the media snack, do you think it is worth the price tag for an everyday average location?( Say $100 a week)

It depends on how important the account is to you I suppose... I put one and a bevmax in an account that was doing about 150 a week total and was growing; with CC readers and better selections plus their own growth they are now doing 250+ and still going up... someone tried to get that account away from me recently and they didn't even waste time talking to them, then told me all about it, so they are happy with the service I guess :).   but it is a big expense for an account if you don't expect to get some improvement in sales.  It's a long term investment in your business.

Well, I had received a notice that my business was considered for a grant program here in Central Wisconsin, but the $10K grant was awarded to a chicken coop project instead. Ah well, I guess I'm not buying new machines after all- but it did make for some interesting discussion. Thank you all for your replies!

Archived