Vend how much

Zigzag Vending

Survey time! Give a list of the bulk candy you have on your route and how many pieces you like to average per vend.

Also, when looking at "product cost per vend", what do u factor in? Just baseline cost, or as it is in my case, i have to collect nearly 10% sales tax and i like to factor that into the cost per vend when im trying to determine how lucrative a particular candy is. Whats your method?

1, This question has been asked 100's of times on this forum... Research.

2, This question has many answers as there are Operators in any given geographic area, location and product.

3, My answers won't apply for your operation. I might get my candy for free :)

4. There is no substitute for doing your own math to find the gross profit on any product then adjust settings to produce a percent profit you are happy with.

5. This your business, You should know the answers already.

Sorry, if I sound harsh.  But you are asking your competitors for their trade secrets.  I might give you wrong answers so you go out of business quicker and your locations will mine.  ;D 

1, This question has been asked 100's of times on this forum... Research.

2, This question has many answers as there are Operators in any given geographic area, location and product.

3, My answers won't apply for your operation. I might get my candy for free :)

4. There is no substitute for doing your own math to find the gross profit on any product then adjust settings to produce a percent profit you are happy with.

5. This your business, You should know the answers already.

Sorry, if I sound harsh.  But you are asking your competitors for their trade secrets.  I might give you wrong answers so you go out of business quicker and your locations will mine.  ;D

Yeah I've pretty much come to the same conclusion. If you weigh your dispense and know how much your candy costs you, you can roughly figure out how much you're making. And the target for profit differs depending on the person and their needs. I remember being super tight fisted at first, and over time I prefer more product rotation over more money per vend..

Though if you're breaking even...i'd say that's not a good business model lol.

Archived