bought first machine

ac246

Hi Guys,

I have just bought and setup my first vending machine. although its an old machine it does its job.

I have a Polyvend Model 453. Although i could not get Shelf A to work. it kept saying make another selection but a little investigation soon got it working. Now I'm just trying to find some cheap software to help track sales and stock without paying $20 a month.

Aaron

• 3 weeks later...

@TKK - really? Why would you even waste your time much less mine on such a sarcastic and non-productive answer. I am 45 minutes from the machine and the software request, at a minimum, a reasonable question.

Tkk wasn't being sarcastic- this is literally what small operators do.

Now, to answer your question, it doesn't exist for your machine- it is too old. At a minimum, you need a DEX capable machine and a modem, plus contract.

Btw, if you are 45 min from the machine you are doing it wrong.

@TKK - really? Why would you even waste your time much less mine on such a sarcastic and non-productive answer. I am 45 minutes from the machine and the software request, at a minimum, a reasonable question.

TKK was probably being sarcastic as is his wont, but his advice was spot on.  What you're looking for is called telemetry which always comes with a monthly fee,  Since your machine is too old to support telemetr then you'll need to use a plan-o-gram which is a chart depicting par levels for each product. That said, with only one machine this all becomes a moot point as you have no way to divide inventory across several machines (the preferred method).  So you're going to end up buying a couple of combo packs from Sam's which you might as well load in the machine as you have nothing else to do with them.  Chips generally have a two month shelf and are usually the main product that will expire so you have to watch them closely and understand how much to stock the machine so you don't get killed with stales.  Most of the other products, cookies and candy bars have a much longer shelf life so you can buy those by the case and not worry about expiration

Not sure if my answer applies as it appears that this thread got high jacked somewhere along the line

• 3 weeks later...

Archived