Interesting first run on 3 new locations.

mayhem4masses

I picked up 3 new locations about 8 weeks ago and I decided it was time to pay them a visit to see how things were going. I serviced my old locations along with the new locations inline with the route. 

The first location was a pleasant surprise. It's an auto parts store that I thought would perform poorly, but to my surprise the single gumball head I placed there generated almost $30 in quarters. ;D  

My next location is a pizza joint right down the street from the last place and I was in a good mood from the last, but my mood quickly changed. I got to the second new location to find an empty coin holder. Not a single quarter inside after 8 weeks. :huh:  Never had that happen before. I figured it must be the candy so I quickly switched it out. Also the place has machines from 4 other guys. Could be too saturated with competition and we shall see how my next run goes. 

The third location was the strangest of all. I walked into this pizza joint and my machine was gone. :huh: I looked around thinking they moved it, but it was nowhere to be seen. I asked the kid behind the counter (I amuse he was the owners son) where my machine was and he didn't have a clue what I was talking about. He went to get the manager and here comes a young girl (The owners daughter perhaps?) and I asked her the same question "Where is my machine?" To which she shrugged. She said she would be right back after she calls the manager. I waited around for 5 minutes. the place was sweltering hot and all I could think was the worst. I thought maybe the machine tipped over and broke, maybe it was stolen, maybe all the candy melted, maybe it was full of ants or maybe they were going to kick me out. Finely, the girl comes back and says the owner put the machine in the backroom because of the extreme heat, because she didn't want the candy to melt. I replied, "Thank you, because it surly would have in this extreme heat." My guess is they don't have air conditioning. She said they would place the machine back in few days after the heat wave passes. I was somewhat grateful that the owners even took the heat into consideration, most places don't give a crap what happens. Needless to say I didn't even bother to check if the machine made any money. 

I guess you never what to expect on your first run with new locations. 

I will post an update in about 10 weeks. I'm not doing anymore runs until Fall. It's just too darn hot out. 

Archived