New Vendor, bought 29 used VS3000 machines and need some advice, TY

Ocean6

Hey everyone!

I'm so glad y'all are here,

I've read a lot and have more to read but since I'm receiving my 29 Vendstar 3000 machines tomorrow (very good shape, with keys, $35 ea delivered) I wanted to ask a few quick questions.

I'm having trouble finding the best proscribed method for dealing with splits or commissions for the business owner,

OR

Do many of you decide to give a small percentage to charity and get around it that way?

What are the benefits of having these machines in someone's business that I can use to help sell them?

I guess finding locations will be my biggest question source.

ALSO, will the Vendstar 3000 heads take any bouncy balls or gifts?

Thanks for your help, I love this place.

I also frequent the Gold Refiners Forum if any of you are into Gold and other precious metals. I own an electronics recycling company in Central Florida and have a great crew that knows their job, so this is the beginning of a side business for my girlfriend and I. 

Welcome to the forum! Locating is by far the largest task you'll come across, especially starting out. There is a section here on the forums dedicated specifically to it.

You're going to want to read up a bit on the Vendstars. There are a lot of opinions on those machines, some good and alot of bad. Since you've already committed to them, might as well learn as much as you can with them. They won't vend toys or bouncy balls(or gumballs for that matter) unless you can find one of the expensive wheels that are made for it. They are 100% plastic, so make sure you have spare parts handy, especially the front flaps and coin mechs.

As far as the commission question, I would guess very few give commission on candy only since the margins can be so razor thin. You'll find most will offer charity if they aren't able to sell the location on the free service.

Hopefully that helps. Take a look around and let us know how it goes!

Hey Ocean,

I am also very new to the vending business, having only owned my route for three months.  I own over 100 vendstars and will tell you that I have not experienced any problems yet.  A lot of people are very down on their quality but at $35/machine, the risk is minimal if they break or are stolen.  You definitely will want to sell candy out of the vendstars, and some of the vendstars are equipped with gumball wheels.  If you don't like the idea of paying a commission on your sales, a charity donation arrangement is a good option.

Received my 29 units today. They are very clean and in excellent condition.

I've already found 3 locations that will let me place and my charity of choice is a local non-profit Veterans group.

They have been buying laptops and tablets and cell phones from us for about a year and already love us as we give great service and veteran discounts, so they are going to try and help us get these machines out to other locations.

ALSO, I am going to use these machines as a free marketing source for my electronics recycling business. We Buy-Sell-Trade-Repair Cell phones, laptops, tablets, and computers, so this will be a great tie in.

I have been offered another 200 machines by another seller. They are more heavily used but the price might be too good to pass up.

Thanks for everything you folks here have offered in the way of advice and caution and information.

:)

Hey Ocean,

I am also very new to the vending business, having only owned my route for three months.  I own over 100 vendstars and will tell you that I have not experienced any problems yet.  A lot of people are very down on their quality but at $35/machine, the risk is minimal if they break or are stolen.  You definitely will want to sell candy out of the vendstars, and some of the vendstars are equipped with gumball wheels.  If you don't like the idea of paying a commission on your sales, a charity donation arrangement is a good option.

Where are you in Fl?

I am in Ocala. Also, I may be purchasing 1,000 vendstars soon and am keeping 200 for myself, selling the excess off at $20 ea...

Sounds like you're on your way. Are the other 200 vendstar as well?

Yes they are and there are 1000 units, I plan on keeping 200 and selling off 800 at $20 ea.

Where are you in Fl?

I am in Ocala. Also, I may be purchasing 1,000 vendstars soon and am keeping 200 for myself, selling the excess off at $20 ea...

Yes they are and there are 1000 units, I plan on keeping 200 and selling off 800 at $20 ea.

I am in Tallahassee.

Archived