Vendinglocator4u

QuikVend

Just sharing my experience(so far) that I've had with Rodney and Vendinglocator4u. I wanted to have someone else locate for me, mainly because I haven't been able to carve out fine to do it myself but also because I wanted to see what type of locations he would get. I also saw quite a few positive reviews,so I bit the bullet and took advantage of the 11 for 10 deal he has going on.

I placed my order on Monday the 18th, not really sure what I would get our when. I did think that I would get 5 locations to start with, according to the website. 4 days later I had my whole order (including the bonus location)sitting in my inbox ready for delivery. They all arrived so quickly, I wasn't really prepared to deliver. I needed to do an emergency candy run to fill all the machines.

All the locations were broken down with addresses and contact information listed for each. When I delivered, every single location was ready or waiting for me. I did have to wait for verification at one location due to the approving manager going on vacation(I'm assuming as soon as she hung up the phone),but it was still placed without major hassle.

As far as the actual locations, some I was very excited to get into and others I was going to take the wait and see approach. I did have an issue with 2 of the locations, but Rodney took care of me right away. The first location was an issue only because I already had a machine there. He quickly found a replacement to take its place.

The other location, I walked in and could tell right away it wasn't going to work. Again, he took care of me right away and I had a replacement the next day.

So far they've been out for 10 days. I plan on making my first collection in 2 weeks, so I'll update on how well they've done then.

• 3 weeks later...

Just sharing my experience(so far) that I've had with Rodney and Vendinglocator4u. I wanted to have someone else locate for me, mainly because I haven't been able to carve out fine to do it myself but also because I wanted to see what type of locations he would get. I also saw quite a few positive reviews,so I bit the bullet and took advantage of the 11 for 10 deal he has going on.

I placed my order on Monday the 18th, not really sure what I would get our when. I did think that I would get 5 locations to start with, according to the website. 4 days later I had my whole order (including the bonus location)sitting in my inbox ready for delivery. They all arrived so quickly, I wasn't really prepared to deliver. I needed to do an emergency candy run to fill all the machines.

All the locations were broken down with addresses and contact information listed for each. When I delivered, every single location was ready or waiting for me. I did have to wait for verification at one location due to the approving manager going on vacation(I'm assuming as soon as she hung up the phone),but it was still placed without major hassle.

As far as the actual locations, some I was very excited to get into and others I was going to take the wait and see approach. I did have an issue with 2 of the locations, but Rodney took care of me right away. The first location was an issue only because I already had a machine there. He quickly found a replacement to take its place.

The other location, I walked in and could tell right away it wasn't going to work. Again, he took care of me right away and I had a replacement the next day.

So far they've been out for 10 days. I plan on making my first collection in 2 weeks, so I'll update on how well they've done then.

Any updates on how they've done?

Was only able to stop by 5 of the 11 locations Rodney got me. But here is how they performed:

Department store break room $26.75 after 38 days

Pet store break room $30.50 after 38 days

Clothing store break room $23.50 after 37 days

Grocery store break room $52.00! after 32 days

Auto shop $9.75 after 38 days

The 1st 3 I'm debating some product/equipment changes. Very pleasantly surprised on the grocery store, especially considering it is only a double head. Auto shop double was giving away quarters because I forgot to reinstall a chute cover before placing (doh!). Overall, satisfied with the returns so far. 6 more to see.

For a chance to see 5 of the other locations. 

Equipment Rental place $17.00 after 40 days

Clothing store #2 $39.00 after 41 days

Appliance store $16.00 after 40 days

Rental store $26.75 after 41 days

Oil change place $9.75 after 41 days

Overall, pretty satisfied with most of the locations.   Possibly going to avoid the auto shops/oil change places due to lower returns. I still have 1 more location to collect. 

I'll be placing another order around the end of the week. I'll update how they do afterwards. 

• 3 weeks later...

I have a tire and lube place with a vendstar and i have trail mix there that practically falls out the bottom it sells so fast. I think the trick in many places like that is to target the workers more than the customers. My last service i collected $14 from that selection alone. Five or six weeks from last service. 

• 4 months later...
On 9/7/2016 at 9:02 AM, Poplady1 said:

Rodney is a good guy.  He really does try to make everything right and does it quickly.  He has always impressed me with his professional approach to a very difficult job.  

Agreed.  He's very quick at getting locations and has been very responsive to any issues with the locations........ getting replacements for us almost always within a day.  So far we've collected from only 10 of the 20 he's located for us and we are collecting about $16.50 per month or so per location.  Hope to get a lot more soon.

I have more duds than winners from him now and am not going to get anymore from him.  Have an abundance of .25 cents - 1.25 collections on triple heads here and all he is willing to do is do is get more with me paying an additional 35.00 each, not gonna sink another 35 bucks on top of 45 buck on a crappy spot in the first collection.  Rodney needs to change his customer service up quite a bit.  Pitiful that he is the only one on the site here.???

That doesn't sound like him.  if you call in a certain area for a while then you really do have to either expand the area or leave it alone for awhile.  Could that be the case, saturated area.

8 minutes ago, Poplady1 said:

That doesn't sound like him.  if you call in a certain area for a while then you really do have to either expand the area or leave it alone for awhile.  Could that be the case, saturated area.

I agree completely. Saturation is a major issues especially trying to locate over the phone. But out of the maybe 30 or so locations from Rodney, I've only gotten maybe 2 were low earners. And even those seemed like good locations even to me, they just had other factors at play.

Everyone has opinions on locators so I thought I would share mine

If I need a telemarketing locator I use Rodney. I could tell you plenty of horror stories about bad locators (in person and telemarketers) that I have experienced over the years. He has been excellent to work with and always responded to my questions or concerns quickly. His locating results for me have been above average overall and better than any other telemarketing locator I have used in the past. I have turned down plenty of his locations and he always rolls with it pleasantly and professionally. If there is a problem he tries to make things right and for me, he has made them right. I like to self-locate when I have time and I also have a local guy that works for me who is a very good in person locator. Rodney is a great option when I need to get equipment out quickly and I’m just too busy to do it myself.

The locating gig is not an easy one. I have gotten my fair share of duds from all locators including a bunch that I located myself. That is just the name of the game and if you choose to hire someone to locate for you that is the risk you take. I can tell you I have never had an in person locator ever give me a free replacement for a kick out or a slow location. When I use my “in person” guy I tell him where to go, he makes his pitch, it’s placed and if someone calls back the next day and says “we decided we don’t want the machine” that is my problem and he still got paid. It stinks but that is our deal. I know Kickstart gives some kind of replacement guarantee but everything I see on here tells me he isn’t even filling orders that were paid for months ago. I know when I call Rodney he takes care of things within the time frame he advertises and that’s all I can ask for. He honors his contracts and I don’t ask him to go beyond what he promises. I also have never seen or heard anyone say they haven’t been able to get a hold of him which I can’t say for the majority of locators out there. Finally Rodney doesn’t make you pay upfront which I believe illustrates his commitment to service and getting the job done right.

On 1/31/2017 at 10:00 PM, deee_z said:

I have more duds than winners from him now and am not going to get anymore from him.  Have an abundance of .25 cents - 1.25 collections on triple heads here and all he is willing to do is do is get more with me paying an additional 35.00 each, not gonna sink another 35 bucks on top of 45 buck on a crappy spot in the first collection.  Rodney needs to change his customer service up quite a bit.  Pitiful that he is the only one on the site here.???

Sorry you feel that way. We have the same service to you as anyone else. We worked your area, and the same locations as others. The return in your area wasn't good, many times we went beyond our warranty and agreement to make it right. 

After you get locations, approve them and install them, you would call back several months later and ask for a replacement. We did several. After every location we sent always didn't make enough did we stop and say we could no longer work in your area because everything we sent you would say was only making a dollar a month, but you would only purchase silver.

Only after we said we couldn't work your area because it wasn't working out for you did you come on here to complain. 

I have all the emails just for this purpose. 

I've placed a total of 33 bulk machines and 12 honor boxes with Rodney. I won't hesitate to have him place more when I'm ready. As with any locating, you'll get a mixture of duds, OK performers and gold mines. A majority of mine do pretty well. Also, he has always helped out with no questions asked when there may have been an issue with placement(especially when it seemed like every other honor box location changed their mind after saying yes).

Ya Clownface I put them out to give them a shot.  Deep down I knew they would suck but that's all you were finding.  I'll be damned if I use you and your locators again,  I'm not the only one here upset with your performance, have several members PMing me to state their displeasure as well.  

I have backed our warranty to the letter.  Even beyond that more often than not. 

I know of a couple myself that weren't happy because I wouldn't bend any more. 

I won't resort to name calling or arguing with you.

We all decided to go into a difficult business.  I know Rodney would like nothing better than to have all of his locations be profitable.  I know each of you would like nothing better than to receive solid locations that make sense.  You have to hang in there to support the effort, work together.  So what if you gave Rodney $35 bucks and it wasn't what you had hoped.  He is by far the cheapest employee you will ever have working for you.

My normal fee for a location is $880 to $1150 depending on the employee size.  Guess what, some of them are duds.  Some are okay.  Some are real winners. Rarely does anyone come back to me complaining.  

(Operator profile: Independent no driver- has bottler 3rd party contract) Last year this company (true) spent 880 on 7 locations and 1150 on 8 locations for a total of $15360.  Which is a lot of money for any company but if you look at the cost to benefit, it works.  I am told the average weekly income of those 15 spots is 1465.00 times 52 (weeks) equals $76,180.  This is a very simple formula but if you carry it one step further the average commercial location stays with the vending company 3 years (NAMA report) which gives this formula a projected income $228,540.00.  Now we all know this figure is adjusted with operating costs but it is a very profitable relationship for everyone.  

So if you have a locator/management company/expansion service/telemarketer that is really working for you, keep them.  Take the long view.  

Rodney placed 45 mint honor boxes for me April 2016. 15 were taken out one reason or another. Total revenue for 9 months $7500.00. By the way he replaced 5 of the 15, the others were out of warranty.  You have to look at the big picture on your locations. To me this is great work.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Sorry, Its been a while since i've been on this site.  But, I'll post my update with the locations I received.  Overall, I was pleased with one of the locations I received; obviously, the location sales will pay for the locator service; and that's exactly what happened, so again, I'm happy.

1. Auto Shop chain = avg 5.00/month (another candy machine already inside the waiting area)--will prob yank it this month

2. Dept Store chain breakroom = yanked, 25 cent per month, and already had a gumball machine in there (rodney replaced--good on him)

3. Dept store chain breakroom = yanked, 2.00 per month or less per month (not replaced--i did ask a few times, but never received a replacement)

4.  Auto Shop Chain = 8.00 per month avg

5.  Pizza Restaurant = 40.00/50.00 per month avg, very solid account; this one location alone paid for the locator fees; 

Overall, I'm only going to keep 2 locations.  Although, that 1 pizza location was definitely worth it.  

*One thing I've always learned about this biz, is that you can never determine sales volume unless you physically place a machine inside.  I believe Rodney did a good job of putting me into places I would naturally WANT to be in; was very pleased with the pizza restaurant.  

Archived