How do you prove it?

Candy Kevin

NCCS has a number you can call and match up to your sticker on the machine... I've only had one guy give me a hard time about the charity and proof and all that...and he ended up giving me a hard time about a bunch of stuff over time lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

I'm not one of those kind of charity vendors...I offer two options 20% to them or have the 20% go to local family care center(it's a free health clinic and a food bank). Most of the time they go the charity route. I thought of two options 1.I'm going to ask care center if they can send a contribution statement to them proving money was sent. Or 2. Give the 20% to them and have them take it to the care center themself if they don't trust me to do it.

What's a standard % to give to charity? I was thinking 10% of profits? I have a charity close to lined up that is very important for me, and I want to help them out, but I also want to make money doing this, so looking for a good balance.

What's a standard % to give to charity? I was thinking 10% of profits? I have a charity close to lined up that is very important for me, and I want to help them out, but I also want to make money doing this, so looking for a good balance.

I guess it depends on preference. Say for example you chose to vend skittles which is about $6.50 at my sams for a 54 oz bag. And say for this example you had your machine set to 0.4 oz vend. You'd be making $27.25 profit on that whole bag. 20% would be $5.45 10% would be $2.72. It all depends on how much profit you want to make...plus factoring in all the other costs like taxes, gas etc.

Most stickers are set at $1 - $1.50 a month each for bulk, often paid for annually. They do this to guarantee they are paid for their endorsement of the machine. Unfortunately there are too many people who would put the charity on a machine, and not donate. Also it is cheap enough that you can have them already paid for, and ready to go.

I planned on giving 15% of the profits from my machines to the charity. (I take out COG and sales tax, nothing else.) I ended up getting more stickers than I ever used, and the total of the stickers constantly was more than 15%. I am down to a single charity location, and only have one sticker registered to me, and now I am paying that 15%, so they always received at least 15%. 

Another option is to pay the same amount you would to a commission location. If you are willing to give that much to a business, why not to a charity?

I am not going to prove anything to anybody. I am a person of integrity, if that is not enough, I walk away. If I don't walk away my problems are just beginning by dealing with someone like this.

I am not going to prove anything to anybody. I am a person of integrity, if that is not enough, I walk away. If I don't walk away my problems are just beginning by dealing with someone like this.

Your probably right. I got the deal done. The food bank/clinic I work with will send them a contribution email every quarter. I am really hopeful with this location. Its a Semi truck service station next to the interstate with a very popular truck stop next to it with a large parking area. I had to call the corporate office and talk to them. Alot of hassle but well see if it pays off.

Archived