Canadian Machines...would I need change mechs?

Jarred767

I looked through the forums, but couldn't find anything, sorry if this is a newbie question...

So, I'm temporarily up in northern Washington State for a few months and it occurred to me to check CL in Vancouver BC and there are a few good deals on Beavers up there. Would I need new coin mech to accept American quarters though, or are they all the same?

Cool! Thanks! I hope you're right, got a few lined up to purchase and it would suck to have to change all the mechs on them. But it does seem logical that they'd be interchangeable.

So I was looking on Beaver's site and if you're buying directly from Beaver, they ask if it's for Canada or US, and states that the mechanism can tell the difference. I'll be checking in the morning directly with customer service, but it sounds like all machines would need a new coin mech. From Beaver, they're roughly $30 each, and not readily found online. I'll update once I find out from them directly. 

• 2 weeks later...

Canadian coins are always going through the mechs- it's just the nature of the business, especially if you're closer to the border. Any stock quarter mech, barring something specifically built to reject magnetic (Canadian) coins will work just fine.

Archived