Is this a good deal on Beaver machines?

Jarred767

Found a deal for four beavers with a stand for them. They are an hour away in Canada and $225 Canadian (about $165). Key is lost, so I'll need new ones, but there is money and toys in all of them. Three mechs will need to be swapped as they're set for nickles and pennies.

Would this be worth it to you guys? Thanks!

post-12092-0-55271400-1470354925_thumb.png

I'm on my phone and can't post the link, but there's a guy selling beavers for $50 each with $.50 and$1 mechs on Craigslist abb> chilliwack which is close you where you're at I think... Just type in beaver vending on Craigslist

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

If it weren't for the mechs I'd say it's something I'd buy, not sure how much their mechs are, they might be open to call, a week or so ago they were closed for their annual shut down..I pay around $60 for beavers and feel pretty happy

Yeah, I saw that! I'm actually heading up there to stop at that place as well. $50 canadian works out to about $35 USD so definitely worth it. 

There's one other one that I might drive into Vancouver for if I'm up to it. Two Beavers (need a key) and a double stand for $60 CAD (about $42 USD)!! Didn't have to ask on that one :)

Thanks for the input, I'm in the process of trying to find out costs on those mechs. 

So I was looking on Beaver's site and if you're buying directly from Beaver, they ask if it's for Canada or US, and states that the mechanism can tell the difference. I'll be checking in the morning, but it sounds like all machines would need a new coin mech. From Beaver, they're roughly $30 each, and not readily found online. Unfortunately, the deal may have been too good to be true.

So I was looking on Beaver's site and if you're buying directly from Beaver, they ask if it's for Canada or US, and states that the mechanism can tell the difference. I'll be checking in the morning, but it sounds like all machines would need a new coin mech. From Beaver, they're roughly $30 each, and not readily found online. Unfortunately, the deal may have been too good to be true.

So....you're saying about the quarter mechs right? I got a little lost, definitely can't run nickel mechs, but the guy selling in chilliwack had $.50 and $1mechs...sounds like you should be good no? Unless it's some sort of dollar coin, I'm half trying to help and half curious since Canada isn't too far from me also...

So....you're saying about the quarter mechs right? I got a little lost, definitely can't run nickel mechs, but the guy selling in chilliwack had $.50 and $1mechs...sounds like you should be good no? Unless it's some sort of dollar coin, I'm half trying to help and half curious since Canada isn't too far from me also...

So the quarter mechs are interchangeable. But yeah, the one selling four machines from the first post here only had one quarter mech, two nickel mechs and a penny mech. I would have had to buy three new mechs, which would be roughly $60-90 depending on if you could find a good deal on used ones. I passed on that one for now. I did buy the one from Vancouver with two .25 mechs on a beaver stand for about $40 after the exchange rate, but I wasn't able to get out to the Chilliwack one. She actually had one .25, two .50 and a $1 machine left. The $1 was set with a dollar coin (a loony), so it would have needed a new mech. Roughly $35 each for the other three would have been a sweet deal though, and they looked in great shape. I've gotta head down to Oregon for a week, so can't get back up there. If you're up for the drive, go for it! 

Archived