Stands - buy new, used?

zjtaylor

So I originally purchased a few machines and stands. Everything is great so far, and I have placed all the original machines while purchasing some new ones on craigslist. I now have a few extra machines but no stands for them. I'm going to try to locate these three machines this month. What's the best way to buy stands for these? Should I buy new? From what I can tell a stand costs about $75 online. I can get a machine or two with a stand for around 75 - 150 on Craigslist in my area. Seems like Craigslist is the better bang for my buck. What do yall do about stands for your machines? I'm trying to not buy machines before I have a location for them but it might make sense to do that in this situation.

I rarely see stands for sale by themselves around me. I usually only see machines with stands. I've stockpiled quite a few over the last 9 months so I'm not forced to buy new and pay for shipping. Plus I usually get the machines at a really great price as well. Used is typically your best bet, especially if you're just getting into it. Later on down the road when your time is more valuable, new is more than likely the better choice.

Also, having a few extra machines might not be a bad idea. You never know when one will break, disappear or if you land a location you can place immediately before they change their mind.

I rarely see stands for sale by themselves around me. I usually only see machines with stands. I've stockpiled quite a few over the last 9 months so I'm not forced to buy new and pay for shipping. Plus I usually get the machines at a really great price as well. Used is typically your best bet, especially if you're just getting into it. Later on down the road when your time is more valuable, new is more than likely the better choice.

Also, having a few extra machines might not be a bad idea. You never know when one will break, disappear or if you land a location you can place immediately before they change their mind.

Thanks for the advice. This is the way I was leaning. I haven't seen any stands for sale alone in my area either. I'm only buying used now unless a location wants more than one and I can't get them all the same.

Similar dilemma here too. Used machines seem to be much easier to come by than used stands. I've thought about going the route of buying cheap knock off deals on machines like LYPC, SSF, and others, then use them till they breakdown and keep the stand. Or try to resell the machine by itself too.

Shipping on stands makes buying anything out of your area pretty tough.

Yea, I'm pretty sure that's the case everywhere. I've come across quite a few deals and accumulated quite a few machines(probably close to 200 at this point) along with stands. Just keep an eye out, they tend to pop up every so often. What part of the country are you in?

Yea, I'm pretty sure that's the case everywhere. I've come across quite a few deals and accumulated quite a few machines(probably close to 200 at this point) along with stands. Just keep an eye out, they tend to pop up every so often. What part of the country are you in?

We are about 30 mins south of Charlotte, NC.

I found the black pipe and flange on-line for $10, that includes shipping. But the disk base, I looked everywhere, but no luck. Anybody with any ideas.

If I could find the disk, even with having to modify it and shoot it with black hammer, I could cut the cost in half compared to a new one.

I found the black pipe and flange on-line for $10, that includes shipping. But the disk base, I looked everywhere, but no luck. Anybody with any ideas.

If I could find the disk, even with having to modify it and shoot it with black hammer, I could cut the cost in half compared to a new one.

If you're looking for cheap, you can just grab another flange and some cut down 2X4's to make an "X" shaped base. Total cost in that is less than $10 for sure, and would suit a single or double well enough. I'll see if I've got any pictures of the one I've got.

Archived