Compressor leak

maestro489

• 2 weeks later...

Get a new compressor, cut out the old one, re-solder the new one in place, install a tap in valve, hook up vacuum to make sure its not leaking then recharge with freon. Or just have a professional refrigeration take care of it. :) Or buy a refurbished deck and swap it out.

Get a new compressor, cut out the old one, re-solder the new one in place, install a tap in valve, hook up vacuum to make sure its not leaking then recharge with freon. Or just have a professional refrigeration take care of it. :) Or buy a refurbished deck and swap it out.

I think this comment was made "tongue in cheek" as I don't think EdsVending was suggesting that someone without the correct training should attempt to replace a compressor. He was only answering the original poster question....  I wouldn't have a problem with having an untrained person swapping out a deck.

Im sure you wouldn't Kiwi, you would use an untrained person if you could save 5 cents!.

That's funny coming from someone who's middle name is tightwad... but then I wouldn't expect anything less coming from someone who lives in a country founded by convicts!  ;D

Archived