Need help with a PN 95 Issue

Determined

Hi! Hope everyone's having a great morning or day! I'm having issues with some PN 95's vending bouncy balls. Both PN 95's I've tried using for bouncy balls miss vend! I got called by a location owner that appeared quite unhappy about it. You can run a bunch of quarter's thru them, they will work fine, and then they will miss a vend for no apparent reason. I'm assuming this is happening because of the weight of the bouncy balls?:huh:? I'm not 100% sure. Has anyone else had this issue? I know there not made quite as well as others. Does anyone have a tried and proven method to alleviate some of the weight off the wheel??? I think I read something about a soda or water bottle at one time but I can't find the post now. Or will I be better off vending something else entirely??? Any info will be greatly appreciated!!! Thanks Kasey!

I'd say it's likely a weight issue- the balls clump together due to the weight and create "pockets" of open space where they don't fall in properly. The lack of stir springs might also be a contributing factor. If it lacks a baffle, get (or make) one, and if it's lacking springs, definitely consider attaching some, or trading up to a wheel that has some. Gum wheels can get away with far fewer stirring components than BB's can. Good luck!

• 1 year later...

You can make  a baffle by cutting a small (maybe 5 inches long) piece of 1/4 inch air hose, sliding that over the center rod of the machine on top of your candy wheel, and then on top of that putting a flat piece of plexi glass maybe 5 "inches round, 1/4 inch thick, with a 1/4 hole drilled in the center . The air hose acts as a support to hold the plexi glass, the plexi glass acts like an umbrella to hold some of the weight of the candy above it, while letting a small amount fall around it as needed. Or you can buy them from a machine manufacturer.

post-10601-0-26059800-1461604233_thumb.jpg

Weight won't be the problem in a PN95 if you have the correct parts and they aren't mis-matched with NW.  Check your agitator springs first.  You should have 3 on the wheel.  Next, check your balls.  there may be a couple that are "melted together" and will cause a mis-vend when they rotate over the hole.  Also look to see if any are larger than 27mm.  We have had it happen where a different size gets mixed into superballs or gumballs and won't allow a product to vend when they migrate over the vend hole.  Both are sporadic because they move around and will drive you nuts til you figure it out.  If those things don't fix the problem, look and see if the gear portion of your wheel is worn down or has a broken tooth.  There are a couple different sized gears to put on the mech and if yours is too small it will grind away at that wheel and cause you some problems.

Archived