Boxing Match of the century...Oak Vista Vrs. Northwestern Super 60

westlakevending

Okay guys,Heres my opinions...

When I first started my venture in vending I used the Northwestern Super 60 Machines.............Until.....I Bought my first Oak vista.

Dont get me wrong northwestern makes a great all metal machine but their customer service sucks, parts are outrageous but somehow they still hold their name in the industry. The worst part about the northwestern super 60 is that there isn't a built in coin tray like there are on the vistas, you can order them for the 60 but your just adding on about 10.00 to that machine vrs the vista which has a built in coin base and is also made of all metal retailing for 46.00 a machine shipped to you. The vistas are definatley easier to use on route and are cheaper in price.

Just a few thought of mine for the fourm...........

Tell me whatca think

-Shawn

Aint nothing to it but to do it!

Hey Shawn

I'm about 1.5 hours from Oak manufacturing in Vernon Ca. I looked over their web page but it's not that great. I like the way the Acorn Imperial Classics look. Do you know of another web page that gives me a full description? Do you use this particular machine? If so how much are they and are they worth it?

Berto

Shawn,

Thanks for the review. I love, and encourage, the details...

...their customer service sucks... 

...there isn't a built in coin tray like there are on the vistas...

I'm curious about this built in coin tray. I haven't seen one on any of mine?

Steve

I only have experience with the Oak cabinet machines.....and I do not like to have to lift the entire base off the rod to empty out the coins.......are the vistas made differently......I like just lifting the casing around the bottom on the Northwestern super 60's and getting the coins out, without taking it completely off the rod.

I am a greenhorn here and have only had 2 different machines, but I new I had something great when I opened the box to the Northwestern. I would like to try the Oak but I plan on keeping all my machines the same and with the same options. Northwestern is in IL so shipping for me is not that bad. I have not purchased any parts yet but I know the parts for the Seagas were very expensive.

Thanks

Hey Guys!

The first machine I bought way back when was an oak vista 300 (actually 2 on a double stand.) GREAT MACHINE! I bought the Oak vista cabinet next and really liked it also. Oak vista is a very popular machine and I see why. Oak had good coin mechs too. I never had one jam. EVER!!!

As far as Northwestern I don't have any experience using them but I like the look of the machine. It has grown on me over the years.

OAK VISTA 300 A+

OAK VISTA CABINET A++

I have to bring this up. One of the reasons I chose to scrap my Seagas and go with Northwestern was the fact that they are made in the U.S.A. This was after I did some research to buy the best. American workers making American products that preform excellent, I like that.

Thanks

I have to bring this up. One of the reasons I chose to scrap my Seagas and go with Northwestern was the fact that they are made in the U.S.A. This was after I did some research to buy the best. American workers making American products that preform excellent, I like that.

Thanks

I agree with that 100% I thought the Millenia machines were made in the US......

David

I know with my Seagas the coin mech can be turned backwards with a little work. That way it free vends. The coin mech cost me $36.00. I know you pay more for a NW, but when you put the 2 machines side by side there is no comparison. I have to remember that people who walk past the machine are probably going to try to turn it  or touch it in some way that is not positive.

Thanks

Shawn........You saying the Vista has a built in coin tray for easy servicing is a big selling point for me.  I was looking at A&A's PN 95.  You can get a coin tray with the 95 at extra cost.  The 95 goes for $45-$47 bucks apiece w/o the coin tray.  The vista 300 goes for $41.00 and the Model 450 goes for $ 42.00. So if that is with the coin tray?  I am gonna go with the Vista product for my single. Case closed. westlakevending wrote:

Okay guys,Heres my opinions...

When I first started my venture in vending I used the Northwestern Super 60 Machines.............Until.....I Bought my first Oak vista.

Dont get me wrong northwestern makes a great all metal machine but their customer service sucks, parts are outrageous but somehow they still hold their name in the industry. The worst part about the northwestern super 60 is that there isn't a built in coin tray like there are on the vistas, you can order them for the 60 but your just adding on about 10.00 to that machine vrs the vista which has a built in coin base and is also made of all metal retailing for 46.00 a machine shipped to you. The vistas are definatley easier to use on route and are cheaper in price.

Just a few thought of mine for the fourm...........

Tell me whatca think

-Shawn

Aint nothing to it but to do it!

• 2 weeks later...

Don't get confused with the Vista's having a "coin tray".  They don't actually have a coin tray, to get to the quarters you have to take off the head and the quarters are in the base of the machine.  You pull the base of the machine up past the center post and empty the cash.  Pretty easy and pretty quick to do.

Tee

I was looking at the NorthWestern Super 60 today and they offer 3 different looks to the front of the series 60. Plain, mylar, and louver.  That louver look is pretty cool looking.  I like that look. They have lots of colors also. And I love that option where they have something called ' cash and dash '.  Its a coin tray on the bottom that unlocks and you simply slide it out,  dump it and slide the tray back in and lock it and you are on your way. Very cool. ( but pricey )

I never had one jam. EVER!!!

I have to say that I've had Oaks jam on me.  I think this is a special situation tho.  The machines are in a skate store that sells alot of skating shoes.  Some kid took the round punchouts from the shoe boxes and tried to use those as quarters.  They got stuck in the mech of course.  However, I think that even a beaver would jam under those circumstances.

Darryl

I was looking at the NorthWestern Super 60 today and they offer 3 different looks to the front of the series 60. Plain, mylar, and louver.  That louver look is pretty cool looking. 

I've gotten some used NW's from ebay, and they had the mylar on them.  I can say that the mylar does not hold up well.  And when you peel off the mylar, the ugly glue spots will remain.  So for me, I would get either the plain, or the louver'd variety.

• 1 month later...

I was looking at the NorthWestern Super 60 today and they offer 3 different looks to the front of the series 60. Plain, mylar, and louver.  That louver look is pretty cool looking. 

I've gotten some used NW's from ebay, and they had the mylar on them.  I can say that the mylar does not hold up well.  And when you peel off the mylar, the ugly glue spots will remain.  So for me, I would get either the plain, or the louver'd variety.

Agreed,,, The mylar facing leaves alot to be desired. However when it comes to longiviety one can't argue with the Northwestern. I have machines that are older than Kyle and give me a lot less trouble than my own children. To me the Oak line is a good second choice. I just think they look cheap and don't have "curb appeal".  Seaga on the other hand presents well but doesn't hold up very well.

So I might spend ten bucks more for a Northwestern, I know I will reap more than that in less headaches. Roger Folz didn't build his empire mostly on Northwestern for nothing. :) I know this first hand as I had the pleasure of meeting him back in October.

Craig

• 3 months later...