Keeping that sun out

AMD Snacks

Anybody have a good/cheap/easy method of protecting their candy from the sun? I have a lot of trashed product recently (mainly because people love re-arranging the machines and putting them in the sun. I have a sun block for the rear of my 1800 triples, but i'm looking for something on the side. I was thinking like window tinting, or a big label or something. I tried to walk away from PMM but I get a few locations requesting them. any ideas?

Yeah, but that wont work for the 40+ 1800 triples I already have. This guy seems like he was on the right track...Not sure what happened to him though. I'm either thinking a print the size of the side of my globe in cardboard, or perhaps window tinting, though i'm not sure if that's food grade.

GumballSunScreenGlobes.JPG

I bought some used machines a few months ago. A few of them had a metal plate in the globe that was almost contoured to the shape of the globe, although it wasn't perfect and some capacity was sacrificed, it wrapped around and covered 3 sides of the globe. If I can dig it up, I'll try to snag a picture. Have you tried a&a? Not sure if that's who made it, but worth a shot. 

I checked their site and didn't see anything. I'm not against conjuring something up, but I figured smarter people than me have already had this issue and figured something out. I've been checking older post, that's where I got that picture from, but haven't really seen anything yet. But yea i'd love to see that metal doo hickey

He's what I do
They sell that white foam board for school presentations its only about 3/16" thick cut pieces to fit the back and sides. It's white to reflect and insulated for the heat
Works awesome!
You get enough for 3 or 4 machines for a couple bucks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He's what I do
They sell that white foam board for school presentations its only about 3/16" thick cut pieces to fit the back and sides. It's white to reflect and insulated for the heat
Works awesome!
You get enough for 3 or 4 machines for a couple bucks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm having a hard time picturing what you're describing. You able to snap a picture of one?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Poster board sounds pretty much like what sweet stop is saying. I tried just throwing any old thing in there and it looked sort of "down on the farm". Not saying I wont try something soon, because I don't want to keep throwing away product. But I don't want to make the machines look all run down. Especially since  all of the ones with sun exposure are right in the front of these businesses.

18 hours ago, AMD Snacks said:

I'm having a hard time picturing what you're describing. You able to snap a picture of one?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

It's two sheets of posterboard with foam between them.  Next to the posterboard at Dollar Tree.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived