How do I enter New locations

JTheVendor

Hi everyone,

I am new to the vending world but am in charge of placing cranes and bulk in new locations and I am looking for someone to give me ideas. I am hoping maybe some of you can tell me the steps to landing accounts and what places to target in my area. Maybe there are places that I can look into specifically that lost vendors or are looking to add machines? I am just not sure.

thanks!

For cranes shoot for high foot traffic areas like restaurants and bars. Small privately owned grocery stores might want it too. Bulk will work anywhere. Just map out about 200 places in your area and take a day to hit all of them. Just tell them what you want and ask if they're interested. Yes or no and on to the next guy. Locating is just a numbers game.

On 9/24/2016 at 6:43 AM, zjtaylor said:

For cranes shoot for high foot traffic areas like restaurants and bars. Small privately owned grocery stores might want it too. Bulk will work anywhere. Just map out about 200 places in your area and take a day to hit all of them. Just tell them what you want and ask if they're interested. Yes or no and on to the next guy. Locating is just a numbers game.

I think that will be what I go to, but how do you find the decision makers? I feel like all the managers of stores have no idea. Also, there is a guy in my town that is in every store and every laundromat.

7 hours ago, JTheVendor said:

I think that will be what I go to, but how do you find the decision makers? I feel like all the managers of stores have no idea. Also, there is a guy in my town that is in every store and every laundromat.

With experience you'll be able to usually just know who the decision maker is. For now just ask. Just say, "Hey I'm an operator interested in placing x machine here." Show him a picture of it and get a yes or no. Put your bulk and your claw on the same flyer. Yea or no and keep moving. 

Archived