S2D coin mech recognized

Snickers

Recently picked up a 501E from an individual who knew nothing about it but just needed it hauled way. The coin mech was missing but he said refrigeration unit was good so I thought I could give it some TLC and bring it back to life. Got it back to the shop and everything seems to be working except the coin mech is not being recognized by the VMC. I swapped known good mechs with same result each time. The programming shows the BA as MDB and the CM as none. I have tried swapping the harness from the board and the y harness as well with no luck. The bill acceptor works and the programming only allows for 1.00 increments in price (I'm guessing becuase no coin mech is recognized). Should I try another board? Any clue to what else to try? 

If you've tried two mechs and two coin mech harnesses then yes, try a new logic board.  You could also try changing it to MDB with an MDB SIID harness and MDB mech.  If you need parts email me at rbepic4gatgmaildotcom.

You can't mix MDB and L+ payment systems. If your BA is MDB, then your coin mech must also be MDB. You can also try a RAM clear by removing the battery from the board for 5 minutes, then reinstall and reprogram the board.

Archived