Newbie question - Where to find info about working on vending machines?

jimwarneke

My wife and I recently jumped into this biz by buying a small existing route from a couple that was retiring.

Although I am new to the business, I have worked in as a Field Technician on electronics before and I have manuals for most of the machines we inherited.

However, I am starting to understand that each machine is the same, and different. Bill validators and coin mechs are not unique to a particular model or manufacturer; and some even have after-market controllers?

What I am looking for is a 'generic' tutorial that speaks of the basics in the industry.  Is there a good book on the subject?

Help?!

Jim

14 hours ago, jimwarneke said:

My wife and I recently jumped into this biz by buying a small existing route from a couple that was retiring.

Although I am new to the business, I have worked in as a Field Technician on electronics before and I have manuals for most of the machines we inherited.

However, I am starting to understand that each machine is the same, and different. Bill validators and coin mechs are not unique to a particular model or manufacturer; and some even have after-market controllers?

What I am looking for is a 'generic' tutorial that speaks of the basics in the industry.  Is there a good book on the subject?

Help?!

Jim

We have a member here RJT, who's written a good manual on getting started and running a Full Line vending business - it even comes in E book form so you can have it today.

Actually two members have books on here.  One is self published and one is on Amazon 3rd edition published by Entrepreneur Magazine....here is the link:

https://www.amazon.com/Start-Vending-Business-Step---Step/dp/1599184362/ref=sr_1_sc_2?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1475854818&sr=1-2-spell&keywords=how+to+start+a+vending+business+by+entreprenauer

If you come over to the Beverage and Food vending section of the forum, there is a lot of machine repair discussion going on, you can pick up a lot of good info by looking thru the existing posts, and get help for a lot of your questions.  Welcome aboard!

Archived