New to vending, having a couple issues.

Some Guy

I've gotten a hold of a few Dixie-Narco 501e machines that I was looking to get ready to be installed at a few locations, but I'm having a couple issues I can't figure out.

I'm trying to sell 16oz cans in some of the machines.  Sometimes they do the double-vend, no-vend thing, and other times they vend just as they should.  I've checked the cam setting, it's a brown cam on setting #5, just like what you would use for 20oz bottles where you can only fit them two deep.  The shims are the same ones used for 12oz cans.  The stacks have a rod which is in the same position as for 12oz cans.  The spacers have been adjusted to position #10, which means the cans always depress the sold out paddle but I've noticed there's much more wiggle room than with the default position for 12oz cans.

When I tried loading and testing the machines, one double vended on the first go, didn't vend at all on the second, then vended normally several times.  The other machine did the double vend then no vend cycle twice before putting out one can normally.  I'm wondering why this issue is occurring.  It might be a simple adjustment issue, but there's no information on 16oz cans in the guide sheet of the machines.

The other issue I'm trying to solve is with the coin mech on one particular machine.  It's a Mei CF 7000.  I've noticed that at the bottom of one of the tubes in the cassette, there isn't one of those plastic pieces that the coins sit on.  So, any coin falling down the tube would just fall out the bottom.  I'd like to know what the name of this part is and where I could get a replacement.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Need to know the coin value of the tube missing the part. I have tons of them laying around. Email me at:

george@louisianacanteen.com

As for the 16oz can:

Rear spacer on 8

Cam on 3

Bottle shim

Rod in B hole (center)

• 2 months later...

How about narrow column (2nd from left) want to vend 20oz Vitamin Water (similar to Gatorade). There are now no shims in the space. Any help would be appreciated!

Also, how does a guy with big arms get in to move back spacer? Seems ridiculously difficult!

1 hour ago, markisboss said:

How about narrow column (2nd from left) want to vend 20oz Vitamin Water (similar to Gatorade). There are now no shims in the space. Any help would be appreciated!

Also, how does a guy with big arms get in to move back spacer? Seems ridiculously difficult!

You'll need a bottle shim. Couldn't tell you which cam and spacer settings unless I had a machine in front of me. 

I have the same issue fitting my arms into columns, that's what I dread most about setting up at a new location. I've either just jammed my arm in there or gotten my little brother to do it for me. 

4 hours ago, QuikVend said:

You'll need a bottle shim. Couldn't tell you which cam and spacer settings unless I had a machine in front of me. 

I have the same issue fitting my arms into columns, that's what I dread most about setting up at a new location. I've either just jammed my arm in there or gotten my little brother to do it for me. 

Lol.  You're obviously a solidly sized guy.  If I have trouble getting my arms in those columns, I can imagine you'd have a hell of a time getting in there.  I have to take my hoodie off to get my arm in the narrow columns.

3 minutes ago, AngryChris said:

Lol.  You're obviously a solidly sized guy.  If I have trouble getting my arms in those columns, I can imagine you'd have a hell of a time getting in there.  I have to take my hoodie off to get my arm in the narrow columns.

I thought that you were going to recommend using ky ;D

Edit: You need to adjust your cam setting first.  I couldn't tell you the number as I never look at the cam number.  What I do is simple: I unplug the machine, take the motor cover off, and look at the cams.  Once you have the cams in front of you, you'll notice a few things.. namely the motor, the switch, and the cam.  The motor is the bulk of what you're looking at, while the switch is usually either white or black and it has one or two metal tabs that stick into the notches of the cam.  The cam can be various colors but they are the round plastic pieces with notches in them.

On the cams, you'll notice very small holes where the tip of a pen could probably fit inside and not much else.  One of those holes is filled with a small plastic piece.  You'll also notice that the cams have so many notches available (ie. 1, 2, or 3).  If you see 3 notches, the cam is set to vend 3 units per cycle or "3-deep."  You want to GENTLY lift up on one side of the cam so that you can clear the small plastic piece while also making sure you don't bend the metal part of the switch.  Once you've cleared the small plastic piece, turn the cam to one of the other holes until you only see TWO notches anywhere around the circumference of the cam.  This means you are now 2-deep and that's what you need for 16 oz cans.  Also, for 16 oz cans, you need cam shims.  For 20 oz bottles, you need bottle shims.  The shims you need depend on the diameter of the products while the back spacer relies on the length of the products inside.  You can easily figure out how far to adjust the back spacer once you've put some product in there.  For 16 oz cans, you probably want to put the spacer something like 8 holes from the rear but you'll see it when you adjust it.  Allow for about one finger (width) worth of space to fit between the cans and the sold-out tab (about 1 inch).  This ensures that the sold-out switch is fully depressed while also not causing the products to be in too tight.

Thanks to all .... One thing that makes getting to the rear spacer harder is that the machine is in a corner where the door cant open all the way. I bought bottle shims on eBay. I had Monster in the column before, but it didnt sell well. There were two home made can shims in the column that seemed to work. However, behind the can shim on one side was a bottle shim, so there were three shims already in place. I took everything out. Now having a difficult time even getting the bottle shims back in place.

Thanks AngryChris.

• 3 months later...

Archived