What do u guys think?

Zigzag Vending

So im looking at a Craigslist ad for 29 rhino heads new or nearly new on five 6-head (3+3) racks for $1000. Now, i have read up on rhino and know they are junk in the mechanical department. But... Are the globes or tops worth anything? Can they be used to renew scratched or cloudy beaver heads?  Can better mechs by better companies be installed? I mainly want the racks but the guy isnt gonna separate them and i would try to get as much of that  back from selling off or repurposing what i could of the rhinos. Any thoughts? What about a set of 29 matching locks? 

Buying 29 matching locks and 5 new racks is cheaper than $1000.

Me personally, I'd skip this deal and invest in a couple better machines with that money. I've made some bad purchases along the way and ended up stuck with machines I wish I had passed up.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

I agree with those guys. Money would be better spent elsewhere. Sometimes buying those knock-offs aren't bad (I picked up 5 SSF with 3 stands for $40 and found $38 inside them), but I've bought some machines and had to basically give them away because I couldn't flip them. I usually only consider it if it's dirt cheap, this one seems to be looking for top-dollar.

Ok thanks guys! I probably dont say that enough when ive asked other questions on this forum, but Vendiscuss has practically been my vending bible since i started out in April. 

Np, we're all learning, or learned at some point. This forum is a great little community of like minded folks.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

The most valuable thing you have is your time. Every minute spent trying to "make something crappy work" is time that could be spent buying and operating a good machine that will serve you well for many years. You want to succeed in bulk vending? Don't open a fix it shop, start building the foundation for a corporation.

Yeah that's good advice from musser. Refurbing machines takes lots of time. I often find myself thinking if I would spend less time in the garage I could find better locations and manage my business better. I think it's a balancing act when you first start out.

I agree that people starting out are often surprised by the investment needed. I never bought anything but northwesterns new. I have a lot of oaks I got with routes I bought however. I still have a few of the very first 19 northwesterns I bought over 30 years ago. They are still taking quarters. While I have refurbed some of them others of that first purchase still look and work good. To really build one needs to pay attention to total cost of ownership. My total cost of ownership is pretty low on those machines I bought so many years ago. I have said many times but for those who are new here; bulk vending is not a get rich quick deal, bulk vending is much more like buying savings bonds that earn forever with no maturity date.

Archived