Why are my Oak's vending two gumballs?

Flyboy718

Just got our first double stand set up to kick off our business and made a test run before going to the location and it despenses two gumballs for a quarter...any idea why it does this and how to make it only vend one 1" gumball?

If you are using 850 ct gum you need  a riser along with the wheel and brush housing.  If you are using 1080 ct gum

you need a rocket wheel and brush housing, you can buy those directly from Oak.

Lining up the hole with the chute is not working, still giving two gumballs.  it will give 1...2...2...1...2...2... not a pattern necessarily.  I am getting frustrated.  I purchased ten of these machines from a guy back in april and i am just now getting around to messing with them.  I have also found that I have one mechanism that wont even allow a quarter to go into the slot.

quickvend:  it looks like i have the correct wheel and brush housing.  the only thing i see that i don't have is the riser?  is that correct?  how does this riser work?  how much does it cost?

The riser sits under the wheel. The open end sits over the chute opening. It should have tabs to keep it lined up over the chute.

Not sure if they still have any available at a&a since they're not doing parts anymore, but my price list says they're 97 cents. If not, give oak a call. 

I still don't see if you've mentioned if your vending 850 count gumballs... To me it seems like you have the right wheel and riser... because I use the same one for toys and gumballs and have never have had this issue with an oak, as long as you use the riser...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

AMD Snacks...thats the deal I don't think any of these machines have the riser piece in them for whatever reason.  I don't know what the guy was vending without the riser.  Or maybe these were all just thrown together with left over parts...Quickvend:  I found a riser on ebay for $2.95  do you think Oak still sells these?  I have a call into them but it will be 1030 am my time before they open

Yes I too at this point think it is the size gumball you are using and not the wheel I use the same setup and it dispenses one 1 inch gumball every time.   In the picture you posted, everything is present, riser on the bottom, then the wheel, then the brush housing on top.  As long as it is lined up correctly and you are using the 1 inch gumballs (850 count) you should be fine.

ok. i have it figured out now.  i went into the garage and snapped a picture of one of the machines out there and used that picture in my first post.  i picked the best looking globes which were on different machines brought them inside and cleaned them up and that is the ones i have been taking pictures of.  i just went back into the garage to look and see if any of the ones set up for gumballs that i do have might happen to have a riser on them.  two of them actually do!  one of them was the one that i unknowingly took a picture of with my first post...so that explains why i was confused and why i also confused the heck out of yall.  mystery is solved.  i have two machines with the riser plate that will dispense 1" gumballs for me.  now i need to swap out globes because one is pretty cloudy.  i will also order a few more riser plates for the other machines with oak today.  thanks for the help guys!  i learned some things today.

Thanks again!  I think we are just going to do gumballs for right now.  I may try gumballs on one side and caps on the other side of a double and see how the kiddos do with those.  Also looking at getting the more fun gumballs like the ones with nerds in them or sour ones.  I know they are more expensive but still a good profit and my theory is they will move faster.

Archived