ROYAL VENDORS BILL ACCEPTOR REPLACEMENT: COINCO TO MARS 2000

Icisnerosjr

I have been having a few issues with my cinco bill acceptor. It works fine but every other day a bill gets stuck halfway. I've noticed it flashing 5 times so I cleaned my sensors and it seems to be doing fine. However, I would like to replace it with a Mars 2000 Bill acceptor what do I need to accomplish this?

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/11/2016 at 2:48 AM, Icisnerosjr said:

I have been having a few issues with my cinco bill acceptor. It works fine but every other day a bill gets stuck halfway. I've noticed it flashing 5 times so I cleaned my sensors and it seems to be doing fine. However, I would like to replace it with a Mars 2000 Bill acceptor what do I need to accomplish this?

Coinco validators have the tendency to fail in dusty locations.  You can clean off the sensors easy enough but the problem will continue to occur.  For a Royal,  you'll need a VN2512 unit with the harness as this is a 24v system

I have the acceptor however I tried connecting the harness but I did not get it to power up.  it's the mdb adapter but I'm not sure if I forced it and messed with the harness or if it was the bill acceptor that is missing something.  I have it working on another machine but it has the harness that comes with a green ground wire attached. my question now is do I buy another harness or a complete setup already assembled and ready to connect to the mdb.

If you have a green ground wire then  you have a 110v harness that is not MDB and that you're trying to force into a 24v validator which means you have bent and flattened the pins that the correct harness is supposed to plug into.  If the validator is 110v then it's not MDB.  With Mars stuff only the 24v units are MDB capable.

Email me at rbepic4gatgmaildotcom if you need a correct harness.

Archived