Louisiana / Healthy Vending

Skidmore

I am in the process of going through all the ins / outs of opening a Healthy Vending company in my area. Can anyone provide any relevant words of advice?

Is the Healthy Vending trend being seen across the US as the machine providers  lead us to believe?

Is the Healthy Vending trend being seen across the US as the machine providers  lead us to believe?

No, it is not. Especially in Louisiana, the state that gives you Boudin & cracklins, PoBoys on French bread, and Turduckin?

Healthy snacks is an oxymoron.

Healthy vending bizops want to sell you their overpriced and poorly made machines, and will tell you what you need to hear to get you to buy.   "Healthy" is a term that is used without a lot of clarity or agreement as to what it really means; people will say they want healthy vending, but can't tell you what products they want because they don't know.  They do want to buy products they know.  Vending is a good business but it's a lot of work to do it well and make a living from it.  This forum is a great resource, spend some time looking at the existing posts for people asking about starting up...

2 hours ago, Lake Cities Vending said:

What about crawdad's.............Healthy...lol

We don't vend crawfish, we consume them in large quantities, which will be in season soon.

In Louisiana we have 4 seasons: Crawfish, Shrimp, Duck, and Football. thumbsup_zpso2lhz01i.gif

You might have some luck with medical centers. I have one "healthy choice" with snacks chosen by the Medical Diet Type. About the only thing she does is lay off the sodium stuff. These machines with the gaudy health decoration might actually be a turnoff?

Archived