Mystery brand and model.

Ttuck666

Not sure on brand, but I know it's not reliable. It's not a matter of if, but when it will fail. I picked up 3 machines similar to that one for free when I first started. Placed them at a few of my existing locations, and within a well they all failed in one way or another. 

9 minutes ago, QuikVend said:

Not sure on brand, but I know it's not reliable. It's not a matter of if, but when it will fail. I picked up 3 machines similar to that one for free when I first started. Placed them at a few of my existing locations, and within a well they all failed in one way or another. 

Thanks for the info! There are typically slim pickens where i'm at but i don't want to buy junk and deal with it later on. 

I'm in Hillsboro Oregon which is about 25 minutes west of Portland. I don't have anything located yet, but i'm waiting to hear back from my brothers boss about putting a bulk machine in one of their game store locations.  Working on getting my dn368 into a good enough condition to put in a location. There's a few minor problems i need to fix before i'm satisfied with it. 

I've been doing a ton of reading the past few weeks since i found this forum and came to the same conclusion. While we don't have sales tax here in Oregon we do have to pay bottle deposit of 5 cents right now. Unfortunately It's going to increase to 10 cents Beginning of next year because of a low return rate. 

The Coke distributor charges Sam's, Sam's charges you, you charge your customer, your customer throws the can on the ground, homeless guy takes can to Wally World and charges Wally World and Coke pays Wally World when the driver picks up the can.

I know a guy that survived for three years living in a tent on his food stamps and mowing lawns and shoveling snow for two houses. Some of his food and all other needs were paid for by collecting cans. He never slept at the Mission except when the temps got below -10 degrees. (Something about pride that he never had to steal to get by.)

Here in Oregon all carbonated drinks and water bottles are charged a 5 cent deposit per can/bottle at purchase. We can return those to stores that have bottle return machines, but every place except for a few locations only allow 144 cans per person per day. There are always long lines, long waits and out of service machines for what amounts to only 7.20$. That's why we have had such low return rates for the last couple of years because it's simply not worth it. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/21/2016 at 2:30 AM, Ttuck666 said:

Here in Oregon all carbonated drinks and water bottles are charged a 5 cent deposit per can/bottle at purchase. We can return those to stores that have bottle return machines, but every place except for a few locations only allow 144 cans per person per day. There are always long lines, long waits and out of service machines for what amounts to only 7.20$. That's why we have had such low return rates for the last couple of years because it's simply not worth it. 

This is what we will take to Sam's Club Thursday. They take cans and bottles in bags from Coke that are marked. In that pile are 10 bags of 240 twelve ounce cans and 5 bags of forty 2 liter bottles. 240 * $.10=$24*10 bags=$240. $4*5 bags=$20.

IMG_20161212_144232

The bottles and cans that I can't fill a bag to the line with the right count we'll take to Walmart and run through the machines. Walmart has a limit of $50 a day per customer, so I'll have to split the reciepts and have someone else cash them in.

Archived