Lights won't come on. DN 368

Ttuck666

The lights in my DN 368 won't come on after i replaced both the ballasts. Before i replaced them the lights would only come on every once in awhile and they would be extremely dim. Symptoms of bad ballasts. So i bought two ballasts of same make and model just newer, Installed them to the same wires the old ones were attached to and the lights haven't come on. Any idea what could be going on?

You probably wired them incorrectly or forgot to run power to the new ballasts.  If they are electronic you need to follow the wiring diagram on them.  If you used magnetic ballasts then you should have rewired them exactly as they were before so you may have mixed up a couple of wires.

I figured out what was wrong. When bought the machine the guy gave me some lights in some packaging and said they were new. I switched the old bulbs out for those and still had the problem. went to the store and bought new bulbs myself and voila. it works now. I guess you shouldn't trust bulbs given to you lmao. 

Never mind, please disregard the last post. i think there's an issue with the old wiring for the light fixtures or the fixtures themselves. sometimes when i jiggle the wires the lights will come on very briefly. 

6 hours ago, Ttuck666 said:

Never mind, please disregard the last post. i think there's an issue with the old wiring for the light fixtures or the fixtures themselves. sometimes when i jiggle the wires the lights will come on very briefly. 

Be careful jiggling wires to the lighting system with the power on....you can get a very bad shock!

Most likely thing is the wires from the cabinet to the door are solid and not stranded and after being bent every time the door is opened. The solid crack and sometime catch fire.

If I am right you will need to replace the wires.

Walta

48 minutes ago, Ttuck666 said:

Thanks for all the info guys. I found an LED conversion kit on ebay for 90 bucks. Would it be worth it to convert it over?

http://m.ebay.com/itm/142023955773?_trksid=p2141725.m3641.l6368

I used one of those LED conversion kits in my Royal GIII back in August.  It was easy to install and has been working great.  It provides as nice of light as fluorescent bulbs and uses much less electricity.  I decided to upgrade because my GIII needed a new ballast, bulbs and some of the sockets were burnt out.  In the end, it would have cost almost as much to buy all the parts as it would to upgrade to LED.  

3 minutes ago, Walta said:

The kit will not fix the problem if it gets its power from the old solid wires in the door harness.

Walta

The light fixture harness will get completely replaced. The conversion kit plugs into the main harness where the old light fixture harness is currently plugged into. Unless there's a problem with main harness this should work no problem. 

Archived