coin to cash machines going away

VSV

I'd like to find out how other gumball vendors deposit their quarters each month

I was notified last week by our Wells Fargo branch in Colorado that they will no longer offer a "coin to cash machine" in their lobby and now I'm seeking alternatives.

We are relatively new to bulk vending and learn new things every time we go out.

Thanks..

i use plastic tamper evident bags. Weigh the quarters, bag em' and take them to the bank. Just make sure your bank is ok with it and doesn't charge a ridiculous fee to do it. It is a quick and easy way to deal with depositing quarters especially as your business grows. Here is a link that shows an example:

https://www.usbanksupply.com/index.cfm/go2/view/pID/573/n/coinlok-tamper-evident-coin-bag-10qmark-x-19qmark-__-#hb7391012

These are a bit pricey so shop around for the best price. Many times banks will give you some at no charge.

If you have a real coin sorter/counter (4000-6000 coins per minute) then you can hang the canvas bags on them and use preset bag stops.  Get lead seals and crimp them on your full bags.  Use the proper colored tags (orange for quarters) and rubberstamp your account info on the back of the tag so you get proper credit.  You should be able to get the bags from your merchant window if they're serious about doing business with you.  You then get empty bags each time you drop off full bags.  Quarters are $500 per bag.

I'm I the process of changing banks. I was with wells Fargo, but the coin counting was just the final straw for me. 

The amount for quarters must be different from bank to bank. Mine is 1000.00 for quarters.

We just opened a Key bank account and they say we can drop bags of coins without fee

They provided us heavy duty plastic bags

We make our first deposit this coming week, so we will see how well it works 

• 11 months later...

I bought an old Downey Johnson coin counter shortly after I got into vending. I used it until about 5 years ago, when I got a coin scale. It's much faster to just weigh the quarters. Most major banks should allow you to deposit either $500 or $1000 in loose quarters at their merchant window, and they should also provide you with the plastic bags to do so at no charge.

On 11/29/2016 at 5:30 AM, QuikVend said:

There's a guy selling Scan Coin SC22's for about that price on ebay.

A much better machine, more durable, commercial grade, and faster.

Perfect for the part time operator.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Scan-Coin-22-Commercial-Coin-Sorter-700-Coins-Min-SC-22-200220-US-8770230095/253045989261?hash=item3aeab75f8d:g:7IUAAOSwf~9ZaUhn

No connection to this guy other than I bought one from him.

Only little issue was the reject solenoid gets a bit sticky, dry Teflon lube solved that issue.

1 hour ago, orsd said:

There's a guy selling Scan Coin SC22's for about that price on ebay.

A much better machine, more durable, commercial grade, and faster.

Perfect for the part time operator.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Scan-Coin-22-Commercial-Coin-Sorter-700-Coins-Min-SC-22-200220-US-8770230095/253045989261?hash=item3aeab75f8d:g:7IUAAOSwf~9ZaUhn

No connection to this guy other than I bought one from him.

Only little issue was the reject solenoid gets a bit sticky, dry Teflon lube solved that issue.

I actually got 2 of those back in March lol. I've upgraded to a Cummins Jetsort 3000 now. So if anybody is looking for one of those Scan Coins, I'll make you a deal on one. 

I got a simple cheap royal sovereign quick sort good for other change too. Its not as fancy or fast as the other machines here but its a good cheap one it puts the quarters in the roll for ye and the quarters slide into a tray when its full.

• 1 month later...

Archived