Where is the best place to get vendstar locks and keys

TomG

I'm purchasing about 16 vendstars brand-new with no locks for bottom or top $10 apiece.   A guy on eBay wants $320 for all the locks. That's way to much money for me. Does anybody here sell them or can I get them at the hardware store?

Here is something to note, im guessing you are new to the vendstar if u are asking where to get locks from. in my opinion you need to be able to lock the key in when opening the bottom door. they fit very tight to make it hard to gwt lwverage to pry it off, so your key is also your handle to pull the soor open. the tops you could do either way, but you would need two copies of the key if you want them locked in. 

The other thing is the length of the lock body, especially the bottom door. the groove it fits in is only so big, so if your lock is too long or short youll be SOL.

You may try Here. he has standard vendstar locks, and they may be pricey, but the great thing for a small outfit is you can buy a set each of top and bottom locks enough to get 5 machines out, and then when u have those placed, you can order 5 more and know youre getting the same key code for everything, or if it suits you better, a different key code for the bottom doors, just in case you sell a few machines or part of your route later on. just my two cents. im getting ready to buy more of my code soon.

Also, i personally like their stainless steel chute doors, because eventually doors WILL break and yhe chute is angled so much candy will fly out of it and all over the place, and this could lose potentially great locations. they look a little wonky but im gonna try some flat paint to match up better with the machine.

Quikvend thanks for the advice! Bravo duck I'll message you as soon as I pick up the machines. Zigzag vending he quoted me at 320 that's too much to put me well above 25 dollars a machine. I don't believe in paying any more then 25 dollars for a complete vendstar. Thank you all for the help!

Lol id pick up the vendstars for that price quicker than uturns. that said, im gonna convert my uturns to 50 cent capsule machines. i understand the drive time and cost of gas with those vendstars tho. its just where i live you have to jump on anything u wanna get cuz its rural souheast kansas and short of driving to kc or st louis stuff doesnt pop up often. those would be 3 and 6 hours one way, respectivelly. and ive got a corolla wagon so 30 mpg.

I'm spoiled I live in the inland empire (Southern California) I picked up 12 vendstars complete for 200 bucks. We always have a ton of used equipment,  I have been using craigslist eBay and let go app not to mention my countless hours of playing monopoly. It really has made it a buyers market. You are right thought 30 for brand new makes it a pretty good deal anywhere.

Archived