Hello, New Vendor from OK City Seeking advice

jjd1995

Hello, a former vendor and business associate of my mom's is retired and has 3 machines collecting dust that he's willing to lend to me in exchange for 25% of my profit, in order to get me started out. However, he's leaving the prospecting and all of the other work to me. I am just curious as to how I should go about them. 

How do I even start this out, given what I've been allocated?

How much can I realistically expect to start earning with an average location?

What would be my best course of action in finding and securing an average or better location?

Does anyone have any experiences they can share with having vending machines in any larger congregation churches? (300+)

The machines are as follows:

- A can/bottle Soda vending machine

- An extremely nice snack vending machine

- A coffee/cappuccino/hot chocolate vending machine

Read the forum, especially the Food and Beverage Forum, and with some time you'll learn the answers to your vague questions.  I would not take this "offer" or you won't make any money.  Either he gives the machines to you or sells them to you - nothing else.  If you can't afford to buy machines then you can't afford to be in this business.   A church won't be the best location you could find but if it's busy all week long then it could make some money.

As AzVendor said, you should just offer a price for the machines or walk away. Giving him 25% make no sense to me. As the church location goes, the number of the congregation can be deceiving. We had one a few years ago that had 500 or so with daycare and all kind of classes throughout the week and we pulled it after about a year due to poor performance

• 1 month later...

Before discarding the church let me ask a couple of questions.  Is there a school in the church used during the week?  What other activities happen at the church:  AA meetings-OA or others.  Churches are normally slow unless it is used for other things during the week.  

Archived