Freon leak

putrevus

Thanks in advance for your help. I got a call from a location telling me they are smelling freon leak and that Pepsi hvv is making louder noise.

Do I ask them to take the plug off .

Is the compressor gone bad here, thanks a lot for your help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Unplug it and have Pepsi fix it.  They will probably replace the cooling unit, unless you own the machine and they don't.  In that case pull the unit and have a refrigeration tech fix it.  That is if it's really got a leak and isn't cooling.  I wouldn't believe that your location can tell what the odor is exactly.  It could be a bad fan motor.

Unplug it and have Pepsi fix it.  They will probably replace the cooling unit, unless you own the machine and they don't.  In that case pull the unit and have a refrigeration tech fix it.  That is if it's really got a leak and isn't cooling.  I wouldn't believe that your location can tell what the odor is exactly.  It could be a bad fan motor.

I own the machine , I am going there tomorrow and if unit is cooling then it is not freon leak?

How do I check if it is bad fan motor.

Thanks for your help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Personally, I have never heard of someone saying they could smell a freon leak.  If it's leaking so bad that you can smell it, it seems like the machine would stop cooling within 24-48 hours.  Furthermore, to leak that bad, it seems like it would have to be caused by the lines being physically moved in such a way that they develop a large crack/hole/kink.  I don't even think trying to shake a 501 that has the deck properly mounted can cause that.

On the other hand, I don't know what kind of odors could be coming from a bad fan or fan motor.  I'd bet all of the troubles are coming from that.  Hopefully, your local Pepsi distributor fixes stuff quick.

17 hours ago, AngryChris said:

Personally, I have never heard of someone saying they could smell a freon leak.  If it's leaking so bad that you can smell it, it seems like the machine would stop cooling within 24-48 hours.  Furthermore, to leak that bad, it seems like it would have to be caused by the lines being physically moved in such a way that they develop a large crack/hole/kink.  I don't even think trying to shake a 501 that has the deck properly mounted can cause that.

On the other hand, I don't know what kind of odors could be coming from a bad fan or fan motor.  I'd bet all of the troubles are coming from that.  Hopefully, your local Pepsi distributor fixes stuff quick.

I went there today and it was turned off .I plugged back in and then waited for one hour no smell was coming and they also were it is not smelling anything like yesterday.

I have no idea what that call was all about, just hoping it was a mistake from them.

Archived