Coffee

Chard

What are some good sources for the premeasured filter packs of coffee.  I'm not looking for Folger's, but something we can complete with local coffee companies with.  I'm looking for 1.5oz to 2.0oz colombian and decaf.

I've tried working through a number of coffee companies locally, but they want so much there isn't much meat left on the bone.

6 hours ago, lacanteen said:

Why not open brew?

I am guessing that open brew is the traditional filtered coffee method using the old brewer system?

Forgive for my ignorance but we don't use alot of filtered coffee here... most people either use fresh bean or freeze dried coffee machines.

The prefiltered packs are very much like a big tea bag that you can use to make an entire pot of coffee.

LACanteen - Almost all our competitors are selling the premeasured filter packs.  I guess I never thought about using the portion packs, to which you refer.

I've noticed that a lot of our big manufacturers prefer the filter packs because you never know who is going to make the next pot of coffee and they're typically not very diligent to keep things clean resulting in grounds in the coffee and not staying in the brew pot.

What would you suggest is best?

13 minutes ago, Chard said:

I guess I never thought about using the portion packs, to which you refer.

What are the portion packs... are they something you would use in a machine like a K-cup?

It's interesting comparing the different methods used for coffee in the US compared to here as you guys tend to use predominantly filtered where we use mostly fresh bean machines with a pig push towards fresh bean semi automatic machines over the last couple of years that also use fresh milk.

People here want to have options like cappuccino, mochaccino, hot chocolate & latte here...

Here the machines are often commercial brewing machines like you might see in a restaurant and includes a pot and brew basket clients operate themselves. I have only one client that has a machine that produces all sorts of coffee products free to their employees.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

We provide a commercial brewer and sell cases of pre-measured 3oz packs. Each case comes with enough filters. Most of our units brew directly into an air pot to maintain quality beverage for 4-6 hours.

Let me hear from some of you to whom I sent parts to, I also sent samples of our Creole roast coffee.

1 hour ago, lacanteen said:

Let me hear from some of you to whom I sent parts to, I also sent samples of our Creole roast coffee.

I think that I'm going to have to start ordering parts from you too. ;D

47 minutes ago, lacanteen said:

I was looking at there website & facebook page & I'm glad to see that they still use the traditional barrel roasting method as apposed to fluidised roasting method alot of big coffee roasting companies here are using now.

I also sore that one of their customers are Phil's Oyster Bar... would you recommend it if I was ever in Louisiana.

I love my oysters!

Just now, kiwi said:

I also sore that one of their customers are Phil's Oyster Bar... would you recommend it if I was ever in Louisiana.

I love my oysters!

Cajun has offered to take me to his local bar but I am not sure if they serve oysters...

4 hours ago, Chard said:

I have only one client that has a machine that produces all sorts of coffee products free to their employees 

We are the opposite... I only have one machine set up where people pay & the rest are set to free vend for employees.

The machine with the validator that charges customers is in a school for students to use. This is the reason why it is not FREE.

31 minutes ago, Chard said:

kiwi - I've seen the VIrtu 90 on location.  You can actually put a card reader in it to charge for coffee.  It has an MDB harness.

I have seen pictures of one but have never seen one on location. The company here that imports them only uses them in-house.

Archived