Best place to pick up NW Super 60s

Austing

I have been looking all over for some NW Super 60s and have had no luck... can't find any on Craigslist or eBay. I have tried multiple times to reach out to NW but no luck. Any suggestions??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I try all the apps these days...close 5, offer up, let go, craigslist, and sometimes eBay. Sam's.com sells them too.. but when I checked a few ago they were out. Seems like they come in waves..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

10 hours ago, Austing said:

I have been looking all over for some NW Super 60s and have had no luck... can't find any on Craigslist or eBay. I have tried multiple times to reach out to NW but no luck. Any suggestions??

Where do you live?

I try all the apps these days...close 5, offer up, let go, craigslist, and sometimes eBay. Sam's.com sells them too.. but when I checked a few ago they were out. Seems like they come in waves..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

I will check out the first 3 you listed. eBay currently doesn't have any and sams is currently out. Talked to smartvending.com today and they said pretty much every one is out of new beads until the first of the new year. I really appreciate your advice!

There are a LOT of Northwestern machines out there. I know a lot of operators that, like myself, have many. The " problem" is that very few people want to actually pay for them. Ok, so you think you are entitled to a "deal" just because you want to buy some machines. Here's a reality check. A new plastic globe is around $18, a new 50cent mech $38, so if you are like me why on earth would I sell a nice route ready machine for $20 or even $30? It makes more sense to save them for parts and if I have stripped a machine for parts just throw the remaining sheet metal parts in the trash. The other issue is what is ones time worth? I have hundreds of various wheels for oaks and northwestern. So what do I gain by giving them away for a couple of bucks a piece? My time is worth something. Nothing in life is free. But it seems as if most people think everything should be.

I think musser has some issues. austing is just asking if anyone knows where to find some. he even tried  northwestern. never once did austin say they were too expensive or looking for a better deal, so why does musser use "" on deals like hes quoting him. and why is he suggesting that austin feels entitled? hes just asking for help or suggestions or leads. it seems like musser feels "entitled" to run off any new vendors be because hes afraid of competition. just my opinion, but this forum is here so that vendors can help each other out, not tear others down. keep your comments to yourself if you dont care to be helpful.

Austing, i have had trouble getting through to northwestern too. ask rodney69 for an email address he uses ghat seems to get through a little easier. and just keep lookin, bud. i just grabbed my first northwestern rack since i started this in april. im having to buy new mechs because even the 2" machines were 25 cents, but the machines are in excellent shape and it has locks and keys. this one came from a guy who ran a flea market and sold out. sometimes local store owners may own the racks that are in their shops. it never hurts to ask them about the machine, especially if it looks like it not kept up and u dont see a business card from a vendor. also, look for parts and machines in general on ebay. look for sellers that are near you and pick up the machines. i did this where i live and stumbled on a guy looking to retire and sell everything off in time, including part of his route i am looking to buy. the most important thing though, is to BE NIVE TO YOUR FELLOW VENDORS. they may be competitors but they are also colleagues, and they are always in the best position to help you out if you become friends and dont make enemies out of them.

Thanks for the comments. Maybe those that think I am afraid of competition or have some undefined issues should look at the volume and quality of posts I have made the past few years. More to the point my post was about people in general. I didn't quote any individual, call out anyone by name, but offered my opinion to the general audience as to why it seems there few machines or parts in general. Sorry if some people took it wrong. And shame on those that want to make what I posted personal. 

Thats not the vibe i got when i read your post. im just saying, this guy is new to the forum, and your tone could be misconstrued. sorry if i got a little worked up musser. this is what really irked me.

2 hours ago, musser said:

There are a LOT of Northwestern machines out there. I know a lot of operators that, like myself, have many. The " problem" is that very few people want to actually pay for them. Ok, so you think you are entitled to a "deal" just because you want to buy some machines. Here's a reality check.

Thanks to musser for the helpful comments and suggestions hes given when i post questions. and sorry for going off a little.

I think musser has some issues. austing is just asking if anyone knows where to find some. he even tried  northwestern. never once did austin say they were too expensive or looking for a better deal, so why does musser use "" on deals like hes quoting him. and why is he suggesting that austin feels entitled? hes just asking for help or suggestions or leads. it seems like musser feels "entitled" to run off any new vendors be because hes afraid of competition. just my opinion, but this forum is here so that vendors can help each other out, not tear others down. keep your comments to yourself if you dont care to be helpful.

Thank you Zigzag. Money is not an issue and you are correct I was just asking for advice on where to get my hands on some. Obviously I would like to purchase a high quality machine and yes that will come at a certain price. I have since learned since posting this every distributor is currently sold out of NW 60s. But should be back in stock at the beginning of the year. I really appreciate all of the help this forum has provided. I have had multiple fellow vendors reach out privately to me and give me suggestions and offer to sell me some of theirs. And from what I have gathered is that if some one has a NW 60 musser is correct people seem to hold on to them due to their value, parts and quality of the machine.

Archived