Commission doubles

AMD Snacks

Hey are there any guys running commission doubles out there? I tried a barbershop with gumballs and 1inch toys, 20% commission and it made like 90 bux. I really don't know how long I had it there, maybe like 3 or 4 months. But still that was about 60 bux all said and done  on some gumballs and some toys. I'm thinking about switching to gumballs and a cheap candy like maybe runts or skittles .I do mainly charity triples and rack toys, but this seems like another way to go.  Anyone go this route or any thoughts?

I'll do commission on any number of heads but it's always toys, gumballs, or skittles. That's the cheapest stuff and the biggest sellers in my area. I do have one single head account and that one is gumball only. The only issue I see with using candy for your slow moving commission is spoilage. I'm sticking to the cheaper, longest lasting candies and toys and avoiding chocolate, nuts, and RP unless I have a very large commission account or a bunch of them really close together. I think going as long as possible between collection for commission is good too because you get to give the business one huge deposit instead of a bunch of small ones and it appears that you're making them more money.

13 minutes ago, Determined said:

I've tried commission in my area. People in my area just aren't interested in a small amount of commission from these machines. 

What kind of locations are these and what was your product? What were your numbers looking like every time you went to collect? Or did they just seem uninterested from the get go?

Just now, Determined said:

I recently pitched a new restaurant opening and said I could probably make them an extra 30-50 a month. They weren't interested.

Can't believe someone would turn down free money. I guess it's a case of some people want it some people don't. 

We just got started with our business.  We use doubles on commission exclusively.  Gumballs and tab gum and will be trying some Skittles out soon; that is our business model.  I am running into the same thing, the majority just isn't really worried about getting 20% out of the machine.  

Archived