Route planning- What do You use?

bbeckl

hey everyone! ive been using viamente for my route planning for quite some time. they recently switched over to "workwave route manager", and it doesnt seem like a very good fit. I am curious what everyone else uses to plan their routes. i usually have 75-150 stops per route. i vant find anything that lets me plan the route with customer names, and then share the route. viamente will be missed. 

• 2 weeks later...
hey everyone! ive been using viamente for my route planning for quite some time. they recently switched over to "workwave route manager", and it doesnt seem like a very good fit. I am curious what everyone else uses to plan their routes. i usually have 75-150 stops per route. i vant find anything that lets me plan the route with customer names, and then share the route. viamente will be missed. 

I just use Google maps, and star all of my customers. You can't put any specifics like product, or cash or anything, but you can put the customers name in.

Sent from my Z987 using Tapatalk

The problem with give maps it's you can only build a route so big. With boxes you can service 60 in a day. Then you have 3 micro routes it gets frustrating. I believe that's why here went the paid version.

You might Call garmin about their business program.

thanks for the replies! i did find a decent replacement. its "route4me". really easy to use, but one issue i found is you have to put in the service time at 1 minute (or less?), or it wont "fit". they have a 7 day free trial, but just a heads up, it actually expires in 4 days unless they make phone contact with you, undoubtedly to convince you to buy. one thing i really liked though, is if you have someone helping you run the route, you just change the drivers phone number on the site, and you can send them a text link to the route. also a heads up, if you use workwave (previously viamente), they make it extremely difficult to cancel, needing to talk to a "account manager". i used them for years, and im not leaving as a happy customer.

• 2 weeks later...

i plan it on my computer then send the link to my phone when i used viamente. it opened up in a nice little mobile friendly page. i have to take back what i said about route4me. it is a awesome planner, but expensive. the one i decided to go with is 39.99 a month. its called myrouteonline. inputting the addresses could be a little better, and it is kinda weird that they give "address credits". so, for 39.99, you can enter in 500 addresses a month. more than enough for me. the one thing i REALLY like about it, is the app. you can just click on your next stop, and hit "navigate", then it uses google maps. i know it sounds like that might not be  a very big deal, but when im trying to hit 20 stops before i go to work, every second counts. 

• 2 months later...
On 1/11/2017 at 9:10 PM, rodney69 said:

I use Garmin and their software, but I don't think it's a good program. I'm looking for one as well that I can send to my device.

I use vend-trak and it will send your daily route to your GPS system

2 minutes ago, rodney69 said:

Interesting. I wonder if Vendsoft does that as well.

What type of GPS do you use?

I use a garwin, but will also send to tomtom

You can even it have it optimize route before sending to the GPS unit

I'll have to look at a couple things and test them out. We've kind of grown this last year. I'm using vending essentials currently ( desktop), but I'm inn the process of switching to vendsoft. Just haven't had time to do it.

One of these days I'll have more time to focus on my route. Lol

On 1/15/2017 at 5:11 PM, bbeckl said:

thanks for the replies! i did find a decent replacement. its "route4me". really easy to use, but one issue i found is you have to put in the service time at 1 minute (or less?), or it wont "fit". they have a 7 day free trial, but just a heads up, it actually expires in 4 days unless they make phone contact with you, undoubtedly to convince you to buy. one thing i really liked though, is if you have someone helping you run the route, you just change the drivers phone number on the site, and you can send them a text link to the route. also a heads up, if you use workwave (previously viamente), they make it extremely difficult to cancel, needing to talk to a "account manager". i used them for years, and im not leaving as a happy customer.

what do they charge - didnt see any pricing info on the website

my mistake. they seemed very overpriced after the initial free trial period. im now using myrouteonline.com. they have a pretty neat app that uses google maps for navigation ( i personally hate google maps, but i use it when i vend in the car without gps). they charge a "per address" price, but basically 500 addresses is $39.99 a month. its been pretty solid for a while now, no real complaints. 

Archived