I just sold my prized possession for $2900 to start a vending business. What's the best way to spend this money?

Zeusophobia

$2900, I want to do bulk. I really need this money to generate as much as possible for me to buy new machines.

I was thinking sticker machines. I hear they do extremely well in Florida. 

I was dead set on doing stickers/tattoos, but then I realized I should probably consult the experts before I go and spend this kind of money.

Bouncy balls, gumballs and flat have good margins. Buying used equipment will help reduce startup costs. There are still a few candies that have decent margins(runts, skittles, Mike and ikes) as well. 

My 25¢... don't quit your day job. I own my vending business and a landscaping company. We made hardly anything for years landscaping while growing and I expect to do even worse vending. After a year in the vending industry I've learned to diversify early in my market. Bulk only will not make it. Started bulk only, now doing amusements, and hope to get soda and ATM locations over the next 3 years. Know your market and spend that 2900$ wisely. QuikVend's advice was great. And don't hesitate on toys, I wish I had started earlier.

To get started and to see if you like it single head gumball machines. Offers the best margins and easiest to locate. $2900 is a drop in the bucket. If I was going to start over I would go with the refurbished oak Vista's to start.

These are all great tips.  I agree that I would look for used deals or order refurbished oak Vista's to start.  Also, gumballs and bouncy balls seem to be the easiest to test locations with.  You may also want to look into honor box vending to diversify.  That is what I ended up doing last year to supplement my bulk business.  

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've noticed that my money makers are vending toys and are much easier to do and handle. Gumballs, toy capsules and good negotiating when placing will get you rolling fast. I started vending bulk candy but soon made the switch when I wasn't making money fast enough. If you can snag a pop machine at a good price than that will start making you money as soon as you get it placed. Pop is low cost and good mark up, especially bottles of water if you get a bottle pop machine! Good luck!

Sent from my SM-N915V using Tapatalk

I've noticed that my money makers are vending toys and are much easier to do and handle. Gumballs, toy capsules and good negotiating when placing will get you rolling fast. I started vending bulk candy but soon made the switch when I wasn't making money fast enough. If you can snag a pop machine at a good price than that will start making you money as soon as you get it placed. Pop is low cost and good mark up, especially bottles of water if you get a bottle pop machine! Good luck!

Plus, with vending toys and gumballs, you won't have to mess with portion sizes, melting candy, bugs in machines, or spilling candy on floor (yes I dropped a bag of skittles and it was a mess).

Archived