Source of supplies

57thTom

Depends on price and quantity... if Lays is offering you a good price and their minimum order is something you can use without excessive stales, then ordering can be the way to go.  I agree that assortment packs are a great big pain, you always end up with one item you can't seem to sell.  But, I have found that anything Sam's carries will tend to be at the lowest price you can find, and my Sam's carries full cases and not just assortments.  I also order from Vistar and am always looking for new suppliers in order to get the best variety I can for my market. 

All of the Sams buy me sell full cases as well as variety packs. I can usually get them with a month or more of shelf life on them. I also have a merchants mart a few minutes away that I can use as well, for the smaller quantities and greater variety. 

7 minutes ago, kyle0050 said:

Just curious on what you guys are paying fritolay per bag of chips. I mean they can't be that much cheaper than sams?

44 cents for the full size bags 

7 hours ago, PHX1 said:

44 cents for the full size bags 

I just looked at Vistar, they are getting .50 for the LSS lays (1.5 oz) so that is a better price for sure.  I buy the SS (1 oz) at sams, they might have the LS in an assortment but I have never checked the price...

8 hours ago, kyle0050 said:

Full size as in like 1.5 ounces?

Yes, the regular size ones. Not the small bags. 

Here in phx we have a Costco business center which has pretty good prices. They are still selling Coke 12oz products for 25 cents. I believe they also sell the small chips for 36 cents but I'm not positive because I never buy them. 

18 hours ago, KychrisKy said:

I use to work at Frito 

yes they have system called snacks to you, but I called and they wouldn't sell any 1oz to me. 

Sams club is about as good as I can get. Their bags are .245

Thanks for your response.  I looked into that a little bit but it didn't seem practical or feasible.

Archived