.75 northwestern coin mechs

AMD Snacks

I have a rack with super 80's on em with the AA global mechs...One always seem to get stuck, anyone have issues with the AA global mechs? They also do this thing where like some sort of clutch disengages when trying to turn it backwards...I figure it's to avoid tampering...But that's part of why it gets stuck, hard to turn it back to the start position when the vend is a lil more difficult to finish turning..

Also anyone have one or two genuine NW mechs they want to sell or trade I have quite a few oak mechs .25, .50 or NW .25 mechs

The mech itself seems fine, the other one in the machine next to it does the same thing, I think that machine just is easier to turn so I don't get the same issues...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Yeah I was trying to think of how to explain better what it's done. Really the more I think about it I don't know. I tested it about 15 times there was no issue. I'm not sure if the vending wheel is binding up a little, it's only vending capsules, but it is a little harder than some to turn.  I know this last time I came to service it, there was one quarter in it, it was partially turned clockwise, and I tried to turn it back and it kept slipping as i'm sure it's designed to do. But why it didn't just finish and vend, (or if the person didn't put three quarters why it didn't just not turn like it's supposed to) I'm not sure.  This is only the third AA mech i've used. The first one was very obviously defective, and they sent me another. And now this one is having some sort of issue. I'd rather just throw a NW mech in and see if the issue goes away. 

Unless someone has an idea of how to troubleshoot a sometimes jamming mech. 

I could see that. But two things 1. this came straight from AA global. 2. it had maybe $20 bux of quarters in the machine. So it worked for a while at least. You think if it was put together wrong it would work that much? The location hasn't complained about it, they called me the first time saying it was jammed a while back. This last time I just happened to see it. My thinking is, I can switch out this mech with the one right next to it and see if the problem follows it, or take it apart and check things out, but I can't take it home because I don't have a replacement ready for it. But from what I'm seeing looks like you guys aren't thinking their mechs are not trustworthy, maybe it was just a bad one I got again. I don't see any on ebay, but I can try NW again. Last time I called them they were on a factory shut down. but that was a couple weeks ago...

• 3 months later...

Archived